Talk about anything Star Wars here!
User

Rei

17 Feb 2010, 21:18

Mare Serenitatis Circumlunar Corporate Republic

Re: Favourite Star Wars Game?

by Rei » 18 Apr 2010, 10:49

For me it is TIE-Fighter. I remember how I spend huge amount of time with that game...with an old analog mouse :D. The biggest surprise was when I found two ships with names in Hungarian language :D :D
User

Han Solo

22 Apr 2010, 04:12

The Falcon

by Han Solo » 22 Apr 2010, 05:11

knights of the old republic 1 and 2
republic commando
homeworld 2 (warlords mod)(its a star wars mod)
sins of a galactic empire(i found files from another source that stopped the crashing)
eawfoc
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.
no avatar
User

Baron

13 Apr 2010, 01:23

by Baron » 23 Apr 2010, 21:38

Republic Commando

Alright, this is the only game I have ever done this with, but THE MOMENT I finished Republic Commando, I hit "New Game" and played it again.

It was *that* good.

Next up would be Battlefront 1. This one is a bit tricky. The reason why I think I like this game more than #2, is because I never actually owned Battlefront 1, or got to play it more than a half hour at a time. So it never left that "new game" stage for me. I always played it on my dad's friend's PC when he brought it by for LAN games.

Battlefront 2 would be the next one. It was a lot of fun. Yes, it had a lot of problems, but I still liked playing it.

Then the next one would have to be JKA/JK2. They were good fun.
no avatar
User

Alastor

23 Apr 2010, 17:37

by Alastor » 25 Apr 2010, 17:48

Yea, X3 is a great game. I'm a little dissapointed it has no multiplayer. It would be epic if it did. The shear volume of ships that could come into play during a TE would be awesome. I once did a battle with the Xenon(robots) with 10 destroyers, and 4 carriers. Each carrier has 60 fighters. That doesn't include my battleship that had 30 corvettes. So the math here would be:

240 fighters
15 capital ships
30 corvettes
285 ships total

That versus about 10 destroyers and carriers with an unknown amount of fighters/corvettes. I kicked arse, but my comp was slow and jumpy. That was a half hour battle of epic proportions I didn't get to see because my comp couldn't handle the awesomeness.

A Star Wars TC would be awesome for that game.

But Star Wars games:

Battlefront 1 and 2 are good
Starwars Starfighter is a good one too
Republic Comando
no avatar
User

ScribbleHEAD

13 Apr 2010, 19:55

by ScribbleHEAD » 25 Apr 2010, 21:47

Yea if X3 had MP and an easily modifiable engine i would hoped for a jump to there, the only thing that really irks me about freelancer is the hardcoded stuff like HUD and no 3D hands for cockpits :P (guess the latter one is possible)
User

Sushi

Rank

Developer

14 Feb 2010, 05:05

by Sushi » 26 Apr 2010, 03:28

ScribbleHEAD wrote:Yea if X3 had MP and an easily modifiable engine i would hoped for a jump to there, the only thing that really irks me about freelancer is the hardcoded stuff like HUD and no 3D hands for cockpits :P (guess the latter one is possible)

lol. The last part is definitely possible. lol.
no avatar
User

ScribbleHEAD

13 Apr 2010, 19:55

by ScribbleHEAD » 26 Apr 2010, 07:53

Haha i thought so :) now THAT would be cool! - Think the only space sim game that had hands in the cockpit was the old wing commander games....do not search out images of this if a game showing a man holding 'a stick with one hand between his legs' makes you giggle like a little school girl XD.

I sure did
User

Sushi

Rank

Developer

14 Feb 2010, 05:05

by Sushi » 26 Apr 2010, 11:07

lol. This thread is full of win!
no avatar
User

w0dk4

14 Feb 2010, 14:33

Germany

by w0dk4 » 24 May 2010, 23:48

I can't send PM's yet so if w0dk4 hasn't already found the name of the song in his "Looking for specific piece of SW music" thread: It's 'The Battle of Yavin' by John Williams.
Link: http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/The+B ... vin/2pIqQc (should play automatically once loaded)

Thanks! :)
PreviousNext