Welcome! Get quickstart information here and introduce yourself.

Howdy Do

no avatar
User

MegaGuy

20 Jan 2015, 03:30

Howdy Do

by MegaGuy » 24 Jan 2015, 11:12

Howdy yall, just a salutations with some questions due to some confusion about multiple things at the moment. First, how do we join a faction? I already set up my guy(s) in the game CP and I one pm to the Imperial faction leader, is that all I need to do or am I missing something? Also, does it matter how much money we make besides for fun, which I am having since as far as I know you cannot fly a TIE Defender anywhere else. And lastly do people play? At most in the past week I have seen a max of 4 people on at once and am not sure if it dead, or if I am just unlucky with my timing, or I live somewhere far from the server which might explain my 170 ping all the time ( live in the NW of the US btw). Almost forgot, how in the galaxy far far away do I change my fire rate? So far though loving the parts of it I have experienced and am looking forward to the future.
Thanks Y'all, and good flying.
Reaper-29
Rancor-11
“We will do the most horrible thing to you; we will leave you without an enemy.”-Georgiy Arbatov
User

Sep

09 Dec 2014, 14:34

Coruscant

Re: Howdy Do

by Sep » 24 Jan 2015, 11:41

MegaGuy wrote:Howdy yall, just a salutations with some questions due to some confusion about multiple things at the moment. First, how do we join a faction? I already set up my guy(s) in the game CP and I one pm to the Imperial faction leader, is that all I need to do or am I missing something? Also, does it matter how much money we make besides for fun, which I am having since as far as I know you cannot fly a TIE Defender anywhere else. And lastly do people play? At most in the past week I have seen a max of 4 people on at once and am not sure if it dead, or if I am just unlucky with my timing, or I live somewhere far from the server which might explain my 170 ping all the time ( live in the NW of the US btw). Almost forgot, how in the galaxy far far away do I change my fire rate? So far though loving the parts of it I have experienced and am looking forward to the future.
Thanks Y'all, and good flying.

I can answer a couple of these, but first welcome. Joining in the GAme CP and then pming the Imperial Leader is a good start, alternatively you can click user CP, then the Galactic Empire and then down the bottom select join. Then when Kalis logs on he can add you to the group.

In terms of making money, pretty sure it's make as much or as little as you want.

With activity it isn't dead, people are usually all active at the same time, one of the good things to do is once you are in the Imp faction is to get into the skype group chat and then the general chat so you can speak to all us wonderful people :)

Fire-rate, no idea what the fire rate on imp ships are but press Z and you'll cycle different firing mods.

Welcome once more!

~Sep

Sep - Leader of the 55th Defence Fleet.

"what a special fucking snowflake" - Sizer
ImageImage
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

by Kalis » 24 Jan 2015, 17:07

The default for fire modes is either Z or Caps Lock, depends on whether your keyboard is American (Caps) or International (Z) I think. Have heard both keys from different people.
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 24 Jan 2015, 17:19

It's definitely Z and only Z. If people rebind it, that's a different matter, but unless your keyboard does not have a Z key, it's going to be bound to Z by default.
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

by Kalis » 24 Jan 2015, 17:34

Mine was always caps lock, I rebound it to Shift+F. Multiple other people have theirs as caps lock by default. Weird.

User

AncientV25

Rank

Galactic Empire

10 Dec 2014, 04:13

by AncientV25 » 24 Jan 2015, 18:31

Kalis and Sep have already answered most of yer questions, but lemme clarify on the faction(and player) stuff
Once you've claimed your character(s) in the gameCP, all you have to do is PM the faction leader and wait. No extra strings attached.

On the players, people -do- play, but it's really hit and miss with the player counts. We've had over 50-60(largely due to a czech fanbase of some youtuber, iirc), but the server population usually stays around 5-10(20 at the most), due to timezones and life responsibilities. If you want people on, the best thing you could do is dick around on the server for a bit.

no avatar
User

MegaGuy

by MegaGuy » 25 Jan 2015, 00:55

Oh, so where is the server located? The one time I got in a fight with a player, he said I was rubber banding a lot, though me myself have not noticed bad connection signs on my end.
Reaper-29
Rancor-11
“We will do the most horrible thing to you; we will leave you without an enemy.”-Georgiy Arbatov
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

by Kalis » 25 Jan 2015, 02:29

Were you in Borleias at the time and was it Reaper-01? That would have been me. You rubber band when you tab out if you are in full screen mode so that might be it.

no avatar
User

MegaGuy

by MegaGuy » 25 Jan 2015, 03:48

My name on that character is Norab something and I was in an X Wing at the time, but your name does sound familiar. And do you mean that if I Alt Tab in a play session, I will rubberband for the rest of it? I do have no less than 170 ping most of the time for some reason, thus I asked where it was located.
Reaper-29
Rancor-11
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

by Kalis » 25 Jan 2015, 04:10

It is in the Netherlands but a lot of people play in the US and have no issue, including me. You only tend to rubber band while you are tabbed out although I know a few people who seem to have rubber-band issues regardless of ping or if they are in game or tabbed.