Welcome! Get quickstart information here and introduce yourself.
User

Desdina

11 Oct 2012, 00:08

Re: An old veteran returns

by Desdina » 11 Dec 2014, 07:20

Rogueleeder wrote:So many grizzly vets around here. Makes me feel less like an old grandpa amongst the fresh newbies. Desinda you should totally comeback. You were quite the Legend from what I heard.

That's very kind of you to say (if inaccurate). I may come back with some more writing at some point in the future, but, for now, I'll likely stay retired from server life.

Warbird wrote:Guess I shouldve posted some of my Jedi screenshots. I doubt Chaelos remembers, but I was his Padawan back in the day. ;-) Trenent Warien was the name of my character back then. We even wrote some shirt RP together. I bet I still have them around. I'm out of town this week, but I'll try and dig at least the screenshots up next week. I know I have at least one with Sushi in it as well.

I seem to recall that you were first Templar's Padawan, but, when he left, you finished your "training" with me--either that or the other way around. It's been awhile, but I still remember fondly all the good times we had back then. :) A lot of your stories are still up on the Hidden Temple as well, which has somehow persisted more or less intact since 2006... which makes me feel insanely old.

Looking at those original ToW screenshots you and Lionheart posted really takes me back. I'd almost forgotten about all the drama with Yuna, Defiant (later Deviant), Alexandus, etc. I'm almost certain [IN]{181}Two was me, which immediately brings to mind the difficult art of staying alive in an unshielded TIE Interceptor in a capital ship-centric mod. I'm fairly certain I have some screenshots (and perhaps even the mod files) from that version on an old laptop somewhere. I'll see if I can find any of them.
User

Cosmic

08 Dec 2011, 03:20

by Cosmic » 11 Dec 2014, 12:52

Desdina wrote:
Hidden Temple as well, which has somehow persisted more or less intact since 2006... which makes me feel insanely old.

Geez, I remember that place. I have the URL somewhere. I will have to dig it up tonight and go spammin.
no avatar
User

Warbird

02 Dec 2014, 00:55

by Warbird » 12 Dec 2014, 21:02

Desdina wrote:I seem to recall that you were first Templar's Padawan, but, when he left, you finished your "training" with me--either that or the other way around. It's been awhile, but I still remember fondly all the good times we had back then. :) A lot of your stories are still up on the Hidden Temple as well, which has somehow persisted more or less intact since 2006... which makes me feel insanely old.

That sounds right. And wow, I'll have to go look if I can find the link. Considering I wrote those in high school, I imagine they'll be a bit cringey to read.

Desdina wrote:Looking at those original ToW screenshots you and Lionheart posted really takes me back. I'd almost forgotten about all the drama with Yuna, Defiant (later Deviant), Alexandus, etc. I'm almost certain [IN]{181}Two was me, which immediately brings to mind the difficult art of staying alive in an unshielded TIE Interceptor in a capital ship-centric mod. I'm fairly certain I have some screenshots (and perhaps even the mod files) from that version on an old laptop somewhere. I'll see if I can find any of them.

Those unshielded TIEs... that, and the lack of momentum. Made for interesting mechanics. Lol. I remember there being drama around Yuna and Defiant, but I can't recall the details. As far as Alexandus... he was just a hardass. Lol
Warbird - Loronar Corporation
------------------------------------------------
[IN]HA.Warbird - Original ToW Character
[Jedi_Knight]Trenent - Long-retired Freeworlds Jedi
no avatar
User

Rogue

15 Feb 2010, 04:29

New Zealand

by Rogue » 15 Dec 2014, 23:04

Cosmic wrote:
Desdina wrote:
Hidden Temple as well, which has somehow persisted more or less intact since 2006... which makes me feel insanely old.

Geez, I remember that place. I have the URL somewhere. I will have to dig it up tonight and go spammin.

I had a couple visits there as well! Can't recall it though.

Slightly unrelated note: Saw the green, thought your name was Tessius'. Did a double take. Saw Cosmic. Hmmz. :D
inb4 bottles of molotovs
Cosmic wrote:I know a lot of things and I know people more than anything else. I also know what else Sizer uses the wooden spoon for.
User

Cosmic

08 Dec 2011, 03:20

by Cosmic » 16 Dec 2014, 00:11

Rogue wrote: Saw the green, thought your name was Tessius'. Did a double take. Saw Cosmic.

Previous