Welcome! Get quickstart information here and introduce yourself.

Sup

no avatar
User

MilesCadre

11 Nov 2014, 03:33

Re: Sup

by MilesCadre » 14 Nov 2014, 03:32

Rogue wrote:Holy shit, Miles. Haha welcome back dude!

Nice to be infront of the 'Freeworlds Bars' this time eh? ;P I'm sure I've seen Wedge sliding around every now and then.

If you say so, I feel like I'm in shackles, no engine kill and all =P Now wheres my strike class, eh?

On a positive note, I have successfully destroyed myself about... 7 times now ramming into mines in bastion. 6 were accidents, 7th time was just for fun ^^

After which I finaly stumbled out of bastion's mines to walk into bilbringi's astroid field. limping in the shipyards with 10 hull, I managed ot repair and explore some more ^^
no avatar
User

MystacX

Rank

Site Admin

18 Feb 2010, 13:09

by MystacX » 17 Nov 2014, 14:36

MilesCadre wrote:Been ages since my last bout in Freeworlds, was far before Tides of War for sure.

So, I dusted off my copy of FL, and decided lets see how FWTOW has progressed ^^

*face palms*
“Hmm! Adventure. Hmmpf! Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things.”
-Yoda
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

by Kalis » 17 Nov 2014, 23:56

Most of the new Imperial players have no idea the trade lane through the minefield exists. Every single new person I have met in the past week I've had to explain it to. That and the hyper-drive. Map reading is apparently not a wide spread skill.

I think a lot of prospective members just get frustrated or bored thinking this is all the mod has to offer and leave.
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

no avatar
User

Gewehr98

13 Jun 2012, 17:38

by Gewehr98 » 18 Nov 2014, 00:04

Kalis wrote:Most of the new Imperial players have no idea the trade lane through the minefield exists. Every single new person I have met in the past week I've had to explain it to. That and the hyper-drive. Map reading is apparently not a wide spread skill.

I think a lot of prospective members just get frustrated or bored thinking this is all the mod has to offer and leave.

I'm piddling around the Bastion Sector right now sightseeing. Is there a mentor of sorts that can walk this new Imp player (me) through the basics and understand how all this fancy stuff works?
User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

07 Apr 2012, 06:50

Improcco

by berowe » 18 Nov 2014, 00:49

Kalis I think you're right. There are so many cool features, but if the players aren't there to explain stuff from the start it seems empty and pointless.
"You're going to have to run faster than that, reb..."
- Reaper comms -

Formerly/Currently:
Avenger-4, Dian Set, Reaper-02, Reaper-04, Reaper-05, Yol-01, The Randy Gamorrean, The Snooty Sullustian, Ithorian Sunset, INV Kalix's Bane, et alia.
Previous