Discuss faction and roleplay issues in this out-of-character forum.

Open Lore Team Positions

User

DarkForce

Rank

Developer

16 Feb 2010, 17:46

Open Lore Team Positions

by DarkForce » 09 Jul 2014, 18:50

Now that we've got some decent and relatively active community RP going (among all the excellent profiles, shorter RPs and stories that we've seen so far), I'm going to need some help keeping track of it all. I'm looking for one or two people who would be willing to dedicate a little of their time to assist me with lore and roleplaying activities.

There are two primary roles:

Lore Moderator - Assists Lore Master with duties, but especially keeps tabs on forum/server roleplay between players to ensure good behavior, adherence to rules. May also create and manage RP threads with my approval, and when on the server (either in an official role or in your player-character) your job is to encourage a healthy roleplaying atmosphere for all players. That means reminding people to keep system-chat in-character, and remain in-character as often as possible.

The need for impartiality in this role is immense. Favoritism and bias towards particular members or factions will not be tolerated. Steering RP threads in your group's or friend's favor or anything else of that nature is going to be a problem.

Historian / Observer - The purpose of this role is to stay informed on all RP and Lore and keep an organized notebook of sorts with brief descriptions of events (major events and threads, not day-to-day minutiae.) with links to the appropriate places. This includes GNN articles, RP threads and server events.

Requirements:

-As stated above: Impartiality is a must.

-A solid roleplaying background. If you haven't participated much on these forums, you can provide links to other outside work for consideration.

-Ability to work well with others on projects both large and small.

-Knowledge of Star Wars (especially the post RotJ Expanded Universe) is a big plus.

-Most importantly: the ability to take constructive criticism. This is an absolute. I am open to discussion on most topics, but I (and the admins) have the final say on what goes with regards to lore and roleplay. This is the heart of cooperation and teamwork. Being open-minded about your own work and other people's work is extremely important.

To apply:

Send any applications to me via PM. Any general questions regarding these positions can be asked in this thread.

Please provide:
-A statement regarding why you think you'd be a good fit for one or both of these roles.

-Examples of your writing, ability to roleplay and anything else you believe is pertinent to the application. Please provide links. I will not go around hunting for your work.
Blame DarkForce, he wasn't clear about it.
no avatar
User

Rogueleeder

04 Dec 2011, 23:33

Nova Scotia Canada

Re: Open Lore Team Positions

by Rogueleeder » 09 Jul 2014, 19:50

Could you define what the on-server work will entail for the moderators? Also how many people are you looking for?
Chief Adviser to New Republic Command

Retired from combat operations

Side Positions:
Lore Staff
Admin Assistant
Blame RL he wasn't here enough
User

DarkForce

Rank

Developer

by DarkForce » 10 Jul 2014, 17:08

DarkForce wrote:Now that we've got some decent and relatively active community RP going (among all the excellent profiles, shorter RPs and stories that we've seen so far), I'm going to need some help keeping track of it all. I'm looking for one or two people who would be willing to dedicate a little of their time to assist me with lore and roleplaying activities.

That should answer your second question. But, I could do with two mods and one historian. Or a mod could pick up the historian duties if they feel like doing a bit of extra work. Either way works for me.

As to your first:

DarkForce wrote: When on the server (either in an official role or in your player-character) your job is to encourage a healthy roleplaying atmosphere for all players. That means reminding people to keep system-chat in-character, and remain in-character as often as possible.

But I think I can elaborate further. My hope is to get people playing on the server involved in day to day RP, which could take many forms. At the most basic level we want all players using system chat to be in-character. That means when they type something out, it's their in-universe character doing the talking. We haven't exactly been strict about this, and I don't have the time to enforce it properly. So that would fall to the lore mods.

So that would mean, if you're a lore/rp mod, that you'll hop on the server in your own faction/group character (or another purpose-built character if you like), and encourage people to get involved in the RP. I don't just mean PMing people and telling them to stay in-character, though. A little gentle reminder is fine, but I'd prefer the mods to set an example for everyone else by showing people what we're looking for.

Now, what would that entail specifically?

-Fly around the galaxy a bit, create some intrigue.
-Be a guide for newer players, and older ones who aren't as comfortable with RP.
-Organize impromptu events.
-For instance, if anyone was on a couple weeks ago, I was jumping around the systems for a few nights playing a psychotic B1 battle droid who integrated himself into the systems of some Imperial ships and began attacking Bilbringi. I also flew around in a Dreadnaught as a person from the Imdaar system (where Rebel Assault II took place), who was hell bent on getting revenge on the Empire for their part in destroying that area of space.

Point being -- use your imagination. Give people something fun to watch or do, and encourage them to follow suit. I don't expect miracles, but a little effort goes a long way.
no avatar
User

Rogueleeder

04 Dec 2011, 23:33

Nova Scotia Canada

by Rogueleeder » 10 Jul 2014, 17:10

Thanks for the info DarkForce :D Expect a PM in the next few hours. Very helpful.
Chief Adviser to New Republic Command

Retired from combat operations

Side Positions:
Lore Staff
Admin Assistant
Blame RL he wasn't here enough
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 10 Jul 2014, 18:39

In addition, with the refocus plan, lore mods would have access to a command to reward players a certain amount of RP/credits for participating in events. This helps connect up the RP with the metagame.
no avatar
User

Loki

27 Apr 2014, 18:25

Germany

by Loki » 10 Jul 2014, 18:47

A really good idea to reward RP on the server!
Master of Propaganda
IFV - Phantom
Reaper - 12

ImageImageImage
User

DarkForce

Rank

Developer

by DarkForce » 11 Jul 2014, 17:18

Giving this a quick bump.

If anyone else is interested or has questions, please let me know ASAP because I will be making decisions within the next couple of days.
User

DarkForce

Rank

Developer

by DarkForce » 16 Jul 2014, 05:32

Final bump before closing the application window.

For anyone else interested in working on the Lore Team, now's the time.
User

DarkForce

Rank

Developer

by DarkForce » 23 Jul 2014, 15:53

Congratulations to Loki and Rogueleeder, our new Lore Moderators!

Applications are now closed.