Discuss faction and roleplay issues in this out-of-character forum.
no avatar
User

Daelin

11 Jan 2012, 20:42

Germany

Faction leadership

by Daelin » 16 Mar 2014, 15:44

I checked some of the RP topics that had some info about faction leadership in them but we still have nothing conclusive about faction leaders yet.
Seeing as the mod is obviously preparing for the real beta now I felt the need to bring the question back up again and I hope that is okay with the mod-team and we can get some info about how it will be handled.

Here are some of my main questions/concerns about faction leadership:

Who will decide what kind of stockpiles will be build up and how they are used.
Example:
Some friends and myself want to gather enough resources to build a Lancer frigate, where do we stockpile them and how can we decide who gets the ship?
Or that the ship is build at all.

Who will decide on promotion/demotion of players?
Example:
Some Empire-players decide it is a good idea to constantly harass the Corellians, this resulting in the Corellian faction striking back at the Empire with full force.
Who will be handling any sentence for bringing the Corellians to war with the Empire?

How will leadership change be handled?
Example:
Say the majority of the New Republic players is not contempt with the way their leaders are handling things and want to get rid of them. Is there any way to vote them out?
Or what happens if any leder wants to retire because he has no more time for the game or just wants to play without the burden of leadership?

I'm aware that the "absolute" leader of a faction will be an NPC, but there are still decisions to be made. And the NPC won't do all that. Or will he?

Thanks to the mod-team for their hard work and I hope we see each other in a galaxy far, far away! :)
Fleet Admiral Daelin Proudmoore Image
ImageImage
no avatar
User

MystacX

Rank

Site Admin

18 Feb 2010, 13:09

Re: Faction leadership

by MystacX » 16 Mar 2014, 17:56

Hey Daelin :)

A few of your questions are in the Role-playing Guide we released a while back. It's located here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fwtow/downloa ... play-guide

Stockpiles, ship allocations and ship construction will be handled by our web-based control panel.

Promotions and demotions will be controlled by the faction's leadership (minus the grand poobah, which will be an NPC)

A coup d'état will be extremely rare, much more so than what you're used to from FW1XXX. It'll have to be backed by significant role-playing, have support from both the lore staff and the administration. More on this in the role-playing guide.

Faction leadership will initially be guided by the administration. After that, each faction pretty much has free reign about it's organization. The one caveat here is that if you do very silly things, the NPC leader will put you in your place. :)

Oh and before you ask; We'll be using beta to canvas any prospective leaders.

Hope this answers your questions.

-Myst

PS: Just got some more info on the capital construction.

You collect resources for your faction. You don't own what you bring in. So you can't say "Oh hey we're 5 GE players, we brought all these resources in, now we're building a Lancer."
Faction command sets stockpiles for ships they want to build, people can check those stockpiles on the web interface, and when they sell to the base that is stockpiling the item, the faction pays out of wallet for the item. If no money is in wallet, the item is not stockpiled and the selling player gets paid regularly.

If a player wants a capital, they have to go to command. Command can reallocate that capital any time they want, but players can strike deals with command - if my guys supply this, will you build it?
“Hmm! Adventure. Hmmpf! Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things.”
-Yoda
no avatar
User

Pathfinder

02 Apr 2012, 15:41

Arizona, USA

by Pathfinder » 16 Mar 2014, 18:16

MystacX wrote:...

Heh, I was beginning to wonder that myself. Was wondering if y'all already had people in mind. Cheers for the preemptive strike on that, Myst.
My inbox is open to any critique or praise you might have toward my written RP.

"You can ignore physics all you like, but what you can't ignore is the feds."
- Path's Engineering Axiom #1
no avatar
User

MystacX

Rank

Site Admin

by MystacX » 16 Mar 2014, 18:21

Pathfinder wrote:
MystacX wrote:...

Heh, I was beginning to wonder that myself. Was wondering if y'all already had people in mind. Cheers for the preemptive strike on that, Myst.

It's a secret, but we're considering JarJar for the Empire and the New Republic both.
-Yoda
no avatar
User

Daelin

Germany

by Daelin » 16 Mar 2014, 18:27

MystacX wrote:

Well, that is exactly my point. :D
How will that be handled even in the beta, if we are allowed to get that info already.

We got told that the beta would be a good point to start a reputation for possible leaders, but how?

Is there anything we can do in advance? Or will that info be passed on to us when the time comes? ;)
ImageImage
no avatar
User

MystacX

Rank

Site Admin

by MystacX » 16 Mar 2014, 18:31

That's a super-duper-secret!

Nahh, it happened pretty naturally in the demo, it'll happen again here. Don't worry about it :)
-Yoda
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 16 Mar 2014, 19:31

If you're looking for a "Prospective Empire Leader" form, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.

Just play the mod, enjoy yourself and do what you feel is right; if you exhibit leadership qualities, we'll pick up on it, don't worry.
no avatar
User

Daelin

Germany

by Daelin » 16 Mar 2014, 21:37

FriendlyFire wrote:Just play the mod, enjoy yourself and do what you feel is right; if you exhibit leadership qualities, we'll pick up on it, don't worry.

I mostly worried about the whole capital-construction-stockpile-issue.
Trying to show leadership-qualities from the inside of a TIE-cockpit might get harder than I thought. :lol:
ImageImage
no avatar
User

MystacX

Rank

Site Admin

by MystacX » 16 Mar 2014, 21:59

Back on 16.65 RevB (a long time ago), I lead a sub-squadron of the main IN-Navy, the 181st. We exclusively flew the Tie-Interceptor, which was a medium fighter and in almost all stats outclassed by the so called heavies or uber-fighters.

Didn't stop me from leading my little elite squadron :) Like FF and I said; don't worry. We'll pick up on it.
-Yoda
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 16 Mar 2014, 23:09

Also, remember: back in the demo, the highlight on the NR side wasn't a capital leader or carrier group, it was the K-Wing squadron. You don't need a big bertha to make a mark, quite the contrary even.
Next