Discuss faction and roleplay issues in this out-of-character forum.
no avatar
User

MystacX

Rank

Site Admin

18 Feb 2010, 13:09

Re: Civilian Faction Question

by MystacX » 02 May 2014, 08:42

Sennah wrote:Hello.
I just joined and I am a little lost on one point about the Independents...
Is it me or there is no user group in the forum for them?
Do we have to be Independent In-Game but choose a faction on the forum?

An independant is just that, independant. Hence you don't get a forum, you're out on your own.
It's still possible to claim a character for the "independant" faction in the GameCP, but this is mostly for the use of our banking system and what not.
“Hmm! Adventure. Hmmpf! Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things.”
-Yoda
no avatar
User

fig0451

19 Apr 2014, 02:09

by fig0451 » 05 May 2014, 22:47

Other than resetting a player's position back to his/her faction base (if he/she is in a faction) and removing their current cargo, does death have any other penalties?

I ask because it seems like Bounty Hunting will be more of a thing people have done for fun, as it seems there is no real practical benefit to having someone killed at some random point a few hours/days/weeks after you hire the BH.
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 05 May 2014, 22:54

Hiring a bounty hunter against a standard fighter won't do much. Hiring a bounty hunter against constructed ships (particularly small capitals and freighters) can be potentially devastating while still well within the means of bounty hunters using bombers.

Not that servers have needed a gameplay reason to justify putting bounties on people. The simple act of having that bounty posted and the kill confirm posted is generally enough to irritate, and often bounty hunters are more timed denial (ie. you'll be hunted continuously for X days/weeks) than single kills. This can get extremely difficult to deal with.
no avatar
User

fig0451

19 Apr 2014, 02:09

by fig0451 » 05 May 2014, 23:03

FriendlyFire wrote:Not that servers have needed a gameplay reason to justify putting bounties on people. The simple act of having that bounty posted and the kill confirm posted is generally enough to irritate, and often bounty hunters are more timed denial (ie. you'll be hunted continuously for X days/weeks) than single kills. This can get extremely difficult to deal with.

I had not thought of that. That would definitely be much more a 'practical' problem then a one-time assassination.
Previous