Anything regarding the official server.

First Mission: SUCCESS

no avatar
User

ION

17 May 2014, 02:32

First Mission: SUCCESS

by ION » 20 May 2014, 07:24

So it took me a while and a lot of bodies and ships but I made it to Corellia to get some missions.

And I pulled out a 1.4 Million cred mission and then I died LOL.

So I thought I'd post about it :P

But in all seriousness. If Im a smuggler why do I get missions for a bounty hunter?
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

Re: First Mission: SUCCESS

by FriendlyFire » 20 May 2014, 13:23

I'm not sure what sort of mission you'd expect. There's only destroy all ships, assassination, steal loot and destroy solar, all of which revolve around combat. As a smuggler, you... smuggle. You grab illegal cargo from a pirate or Hutt base and sell them elsewhere.
no avatar
User

ION

by ION » 20 May 2014, 20:09

I mean missions for smuggling. Like paid missions. "Take thos item to nar shadaa in y'toub system and you get payout of xxxx credits" thatsbwhat I mean.
User

Teradyn

Rank

Galactic Empire Command

27 Mar 2014, 21:06

The Sovereign Nation of Texas

by Teradyn » 20 May 2014, 20:15

Pretty much the answer to that is, there is not that type of mission available from the mission boards. You would smuggle and try to get past player patrols. For example, if you are caught trying to sell spice in Imperial held space our pilots have standing orders to detain your ship and force you to jettison your cargo and destroy you if you fail to A) stop for inspection and B) jettison the illegal cargo.

Right now, the economy is in flux and there aren't as many players active as expected upon release. This means that the smuggling portion is pretty non-challenging, but that wont remain the case for long.

no avatar
User

ION

by ION » 20 May 2014, 23:02

I am actually in good standing with the imperial legions. Rebellions, incom, corellia and corsec not so much lol. :[
User

Hobbie

Rank

Village Idiot

03 Mar 2010, 00:42

Roll 1d20 for a pub name.

by Hobbie » 21 May 2014, 00:29

ION wrote:I mean missions for smuggling. Like paid missions. "Take thos item to nar shadaa in y'toub system and you get payout of xxxx credits" thatsbwhat I mean.

It's a Freelancer hard-coding thing. When it comes to the code, missions are very fickle, and the types themselves are unchangeable.

What you've described is basically a trade run. Sure, a risky one, but a trade run nonetheless. You don't need a mission board to get those, just knowledge of supply and demand and clever jump plotting. :P
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.
no avatar
User

ION

by ION » 21 May 2014, 03:30

Ok then Ill keep to that :D