Moderator: Developers

User

Schneider

Rank

New Republic

05 Dec 2012, 17:10

Re: Jump crash

by Schneider » 29 Dec 2015, 14:22

Have you tried adding the exe to your antivirus program's exception list?

Edit: I just encountered the bug again with the exe on the exceptions list.
no avatar
User

Cmdr_Vauss

15 Jul 2015, 23:25

by Cmdr_Vauss » 29 Dec 2015, 18:44

Is it just the 3 of us having the issue or is there other people out there with it?
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 30 Dec 2015, 06:33

It's extremely hard to get consistent reports, so I can't tell you either way. A lot of people had repeated crashes and fixed them by updating their video drivers to the absolute latest version. If you're on XP, that also probably wouldn't help things.

What I can say with high confidence though is that the problem is very unlikely to be related to a particular ship or system. Either the bug arises from a particular edge case of the jump calculation that's not handled properly (possible, but nothing points towards that so far), or there's a graphical error somewhere, or it's a lag/timing issue. I'm currently investigating fixes for the third hypothesis, though the second is also plausible enough, just very hard to track down.
no avatar
User

Cmdr_Vauss

by Cmdr_Vauss » 31 Dec 2015, 00:17

I will check my drivers, but I believe I updated them like 2 weeks ago. I have a Radeon R9 280x...
no avatar
User

komxkesh

31 Dec 2015, 08:59

by komxkesh » 31 Dec 2015, 22:05

Was having hyperjump loading screen issues as well yesterday so I started fresh and reinstalled everything from scratch and my first 2 hyperjumps worked then the loading screen issue again. My ship is also "shuttering" at any speed I travel its really annoying. I accepted a mission to go collect a bounty on a npc and got there and was engaged by 4 ships that all flew around me from 500-3000 range but never shot at me. And 90% of the time I try to hyperjump i'm getting errors even calculating the jump.
no avatar
User

Cmdr_Vauss

by Cmdr_Vauss » 02 Jan 2016, 20:10

when calculating a jump, you cannot be in a gravwell or the path of the jump go through a gravwell. also you have to wait for your hyperdrive to power up
Previous