Technical problems or help regarding the mod.

Freelancer & TOW issue on Windows 10

Moderator: Developers

no avatar
User

Corwinm

08 Apr 2017, 20:32

Freelancer & TOW issue on Windows 10

by Corwinm » 09 Apr 2017, 03:47

I am new to the forums and need a hand. I have a disc copy of Freelancer I have had on years. I just built a new system a few months ago and it is Windows 10 (with all the recent updates including the Anniversary upgrade). I can not get Freelancer to run on the system, which means TOW won't run either. I am looking through Help articles to find a solution, and would appreciate anyone helping guide me to a solution.
I would be ok loading the game from a reliable digital source if someone has one. I've looked forward to Freeworlds for a while, and am finally getting the time to start diving into it.

Thanks all
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

Re: Freelancer & TOW issue on Windows 10

by FriendlyFire » 09 Apr 2017, 17:11

Just install Freelancer and install Freeworlds. That Freelancer doesn't run doesn't actually say anything about whether Freeworlds will.
no avatar
User

Corwinm

08 Apr 2017, 20:32

Re: Freelancer & TOW issue on Windows 10

by Corwinm » 10 Apr 2017, 05:30

Thank you Friendly. I uninstalled and went for a fresh install of Freelancer. That game still wont run. I then got the new beta launcher for TOW, and had a lot of updates to do with that. TOW seems to be running smooth, going to take some more testing and playing of the game. I'll let you know if more issues come up.