Anything regarding the official server.
no avatar
User

AlphaWolf215

10 Apr 2014, 14:33

[AA EVENT] The Phaeton arrives!

by AlphaWolf215 » 26 Feb 2017, 04:22

ATTENTION: EVENT TERMS HAVE CHANGED. PLEASE READ.

-Event will take place in Polith System.

-Dreadnaught will be in the system, but each side must find it first.

-You will be running Maintenance Droids from Zaltin Sunrise Station in Polith to the Dreadnaught.

-You must run 1500 droids total to the dread to win, but may not transport more than 500 droids at a time (so 3 total dropoffs).

-You may use any size transport but we will check that you only have 500 droids max in your cargo.

-GE pilots will be permitted to respawn from Fondor,

-NR/Corsec pilots will be allowed to respawn from Yag'Dhul.

-Hutt Pilots may respawn form the pirate base in Polith.

-Non-capital ships have unlimited respawns.

-Capital ships restricted to 1 Frigate + 2 Corvettes per side.

-Capital ships may not respawn.

-Winning side wins the Dread. (70 million value)

-Losing sides will receive a consolation prize of 14 million credits.

Event Details (RP)

The Katana Dreadnaught, on record as the Phaeton, has arrived in Polith. A distress beacon is activated almost immediately upon arrival. Patrols of NR and GE pilots pick up on the signal, reporting the finding back to their respective command structures. Both commands order the immediate capture of the dreadnaught, dispatching (A frigate and two corvettes) to assist.

Win conditions:

NR Win: The New Republic must ship 300 “New Republic Soldiers” commodity to the Katana dreadnaught. Cargo requests will only be accepted after the transport has been stationary for 5 seconds.

GE Win: The Imperial Remnant must ship 300 “Stormtroopers” commodity to the Katana dreadnaught. Cargo requests will only be accepted after the transport has been stationary for 5 seconds.

Rewards

NR Win: Dreadnaught awarded to faction, 7 Million credits contributed to faction bank.

GE Win: Dreadnaught awarded to faction, 7 Million credits contributed to faction bank.

Rules

I will be adapting the rules ever so slightly for the duration of the event. Any ships that participate in the event are subject to these rules and regulations, and any breaches will result in sanctions however I deem necessary.

-There is a restriction on Capital ships for this event. Failure to adhere to this restriction will result in sanctions of my choosing.

-The Capital ship respawn cost will be waived for this event. Any cap ship deaths in this will be covered.

-Fighter respawns are allowed.

-Capital ships may not re-log to rejoin the fight.

-RP is required. Failure to do so may result in the event being cut short.

-ooRP messages should be kept to a minimum in system chat. If you absolutely must say something, you should open your message with "//"

Additional notes

This is hopefully an improvement on my previous event. I have taken into account the pros and cons of the previous event, and am hoping this will prove more entertaining for all sides involved. Whilst this event is focused on the major powers, anyone is welcome to create an NR/GE character and join with their favourite fighter!

Event Date

THIS EVENT IS (provisionally) SET FOR SATURDAY 4TH MARCH 2017, AT 2000 GMT
Last edited by AlphaWolf215 on 26 Feb 2017, 04:46, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Staaz - ImpIntel Image Deputy Director
- ISB Image Director
Agent Ixto - ImpIntel Image Senior Agent
- ISB Image Captain
User

Odyessy_Vanguard

Rank

Galactic Empire

10 Oct 2014, 00:16

The hot part of Canada

Re: [AA EVENT] The Phaeton arrives!

by Odyessy_Vanguard » 26 Feb 2017, 04:38

Interested :)
User

Schneider

Rank

New Republic

05 Dec 2012, 17:10

by Schneider » 26 Feb 2017, 09:03

Sounds fun! I should be able to make it.
User

Volume_9

Rank

New Republic Command

01 Sep 2015, 05:11

Ontario, Canada

by Volume_9 » 26 Feb 2017, 23:39

I will be unavailable for this event.
New Republic Fleet Admiral Vincent Sien-Floto
Director of Intelligence Voda Tsark

"See that over there? I like to pretend I did that."
no avatar
User

Cmdr_Vauss

15 Jul 2015, 23:25

by Cmdr_Vauss » 27 Feb 2017, 16:47

Im game!
User

powl

Rank

New Republic

16 Feb 2010, 20:02

Germany

by powl » 01 Mar 2017, 22:00

I'm interested and will try to be there
Bearer of the Rogue's Ranger medal :D
User

Angstman

Rank

Galactic Empire Command

24 Jul 2016, 17:36

by Angstman » 04 Mar 2017, 14:13

99% attendance probability
Iorvan Danuvan, Deputy Director, Imperial Intelligence

Commander

User

DarkForce

Rank

Developer

16 Feb 2010, 17:46

by DarkForce » 04 Mar 2017, 18:07

ATTENTION: EVENT TERMS HAVE CHANGED. PLEASE READ.

-Event will take place in Polith System.

-Dreadnaught will be in the system, but each side must find it first.

-You will be running Maintenance Droids from Zaltin Sunrise Station in Polith to the Dreadnaught.

-You must run 1500 droids total to the dread to win, but may not transport more than 500 droids at a time (so 3 total dropoffs).

-You may use any size transport but we will check that you only have 500 droids max in your cargo.

-GE pilots will be permitted to respawn from Fondor,

-NR/Corsec pilots will be allowed to respawn from Yag'Dhul.

-Hutt Pilots may respawn form the pirate base in Polith.

-Non-capital ships have unlimited respawns.

-Capital ships restricted to 1 Frigate + 2 Corvettes per side.

-Capital ships may not respawn.

-Winning side wins the Dread. (70 million value)

-Losing sides will receive a consolation prize of 14 million credits.
Blame DarkForce, he wasn't clear about it.
User

Schneider

Rank

New Republic

05 Dec 2012, 17:10

by Schneider » 04 Mar 2017, 23:13

Some feedback:

We talked about this on discord already, but I think some things should have been more clear from the start.

First of all: The rule about not being allowed to blockade the base was not mentioned at all before the event started. I'm pretty sure I got killed while inside the buffer zone as well. I'm not sure about that though, I might have had cruised out already.

Secondly: I think me not being allowed to pick up droids beforehand made sense, as well as people not being able to start within polith, but it's better for the rules to be explicit, so there's absolutely no confusion about anything.

Another point: I think that as well as being unclear, the buffer zone is also a very strange, counterintuitive idea. I mean, you have two points of interest in the event. The base where you get the commodity from and the ship where you need to drop them off. Why just get rid of one of them ? I don't think it's "unfair" for one faction to camp the base. What's unfair about that ? Both sides have the ability to deploy combat ships, so both can do this.

All that being said, I really approve of these events, although I couldn't really enjoy this particular one all that much. I wish planned events like this were more frequent, as they're currently the part of the mod I enjoy most by far.

Edit:
Oh, and another thing: I didn't really know what to do when I died after I had already docked at the station. The first time I announced in system chat that I needed a beam back to the spawn system. I docked at the base and somehow ended up at the spawn base. The second time I think I just undocked from the base and kept on going anyway. I know beams are difficult to handle when there's a lot of stuff going on, I've co-managed one of these events myself before, although there the respawns were handled in regular intervals, so it wasn't as important to beam the players back quickly. I imagine that this has the potential to cause a lot of grief in possible future events.
User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

07 Apr 2012, 06:50

Improcco

by berowe » 08 Mar 2017, 00:50

Event was great!

I too, am anti-buffer. LIke Schneider said-- each faction had the ability to choose where to deploy their forces within Polith. The Rebs chose to initially mass at the Dread (once they found it), Imps/others chose the station. This doesn't mean that either side was "camping." Since the Rebs found the dread first, the Imperials knew that only stopping the Reb transport would give us a chance, so we took two ships away from scouting to use as a defensive deterrent. This meant it took us longer to find the Dread, but allowed us a chance to stay in the fight. This made the scenario more of a chess game than a "who can hyper/dodge/dock faster" type of race--and made it much more interesting than a typical battle.

I liked having multiple factions involved and think that future events would be fun if some were separated from the server lore/plotline. This would allow interesting matchups such as Imps/Rebs vs. Hutts/Corellians, would allow the Devs join in and blow stuff up, etc.

I think events like these would be great every 2-4 weeks and I'll find time to help out if asked.
"You're going to have to run faster than that, reb..."
- Reaper comms -

Formerly/Currently:
Avenger-4, Dian Set, Reaper-02, Reaper-04, Reaper-05, Yol-01, The Randy Gamorrean, The Snooty Sullustian, Ithorian Sunset, INV Kalix's Bane, et alia.