Where we post about what and how much time we've spent with the mod related development

Qi's log

Moderator: Developers

no avatar
User

Qi

14 Feb 2010, 14:38

The Netherlands. Timezone: Central Europe.

Re: Qi's log

by Qi » 14 Oct 2012, 21:49

Auto member lists are finished to a point. Check out for instance this
http://www.freeworlds-tow.net/forum/vie ... 29&t=32878

The memberlist runs in an iframe (cannot get around the php5 security to run them in a div; get_file_contents doesn't work and cURL neither) so the forum server doesn't need to make FLHook socket connection any more. This makes it all much safer and lighter on FLHook.

When I have all accompanying admin screens I will move it on the fw:tow game server to set up the factions.

no avatar
User

Qi

by Qi » 23 Dec 2012, 17:01

New bank screens are fitted on fwtow.net see http://fwtow.net/index.php?menu=banks

You may think that this is not a change but Oldsta and I used them on the new Freeworlds server and the community came up against a number of bugs. So they were made more robust and now fitted back in our environment.

The auto member list is also added see http://fwtow.net/index.php?menu=memberlists
If some people want to have at some better squadron logos I will work with them to improve the member lists that way. The logos must work against a black background and they must be of the same height within one faction. Check out the ones already there. I like the ones of the Empire and the Sith best. The Empire has real abstract logos (fitted on uniforms) and the Sith obviously don't use logos but work with impressions.
I'm not satisfied with the auto member list. It has clutter. Any design advice is appreciated.

There are new admin and faction leader screens. They also run reports. Fellow devs may check them out.

If there are regression bugs use the forge. That way I can plan better.

no avatar
User

Qi

by Qi » 25 Dec 2012, 17:52

no avatar
User

Qi

by Qi » 04 Jan 2013, 22:43

The stockpile / cap creation system is released.

Check out the Menu - Economy - Stockpiles screen
It has options
  • show all stockpiles....A stockpiler (a person assigned by the faction command) can make a number of stock piles. Each stockpile receives a certain commodity on a certain base. Only stockpilers can make stockpiles
  • my stockpiles.....Here the stockpiler can control their own stockpiles, e.g. switch them on and off (in the on position the commodity is received from a trader and his pay comes directly out of the faction bank account)
  • create stockpiles....to create them
  • cap construction.... here the stockpiler or faction command can create a construction contract for a certain capitol ship (which will be paid from the stockpiles)

Under the menu for Administrators and leaders there are some control screens
  • Menu - Admin CP - Leader CP .... this is the leader control panel. Faction command can assign their stockpiler persons (as well as faction account access)
  • Menu - Admin CP - Cap recipes ... these are the amounts of commodities required to create a capitol ship construction contract. Only administrators are permitted to change the amounts.
  • Menu - Admin CP - Create cap ... here the faction command creates their capitol ships. It is a list of contracts which are issued by the stockpilers. A contract can be invoked which creates the cap itself. Before creating the ship must first be created by the cap pilot (as a small fighter but with the right tag and name) and claimed on the auto member list (or in the bank screens). Once the ship exists the create cap screen changes the ship into the capitol ship. Admins can "spirit" a contract on this screen without stockpiles. So an admin can create cap ships like for a starter set of a faction or campaign, event or training (then later delete it).

There are still some loose ends. But will deal with those later. Also, I intend to expand the system with a market for goods (trade between factions)

For now, I'm working on a the influence system which will determine base ownership (no Territorial Engagements any more...)

User

Sushi

Rank

Developer

14 Feb 2010, 05:05

by Sushi » 06 Jan 2013, 16:19

Amazing Qi! Great work!!
no avatar
User

Qi

by Qi » 09 Jan 2013, 23:09

The first step in the influence system works. Go to the game server web interface and select faction - influence.
The first tab "ships" works now.

But no ships are near to a base at the moment (in our Demo systems)

User

Sushi

Rank

Developer

by Sushi » 10 Jan 2013, 14:24

woot!
no avatar
User

Qi

by Qi » 10 Jan 2013, 14:49

Sushi wrote:woot!

:) thanks

no avatar
User

Qi

by Qi » 11 Jan 2013, 22:27

Updated the detailed work list for the influence system.

Refreshed the hash-to-nickname table. 3600 new nicknames added (on 18000). That was a lot guys!

User

Sushi

Rank

Developer

by Sushi » 12 Jan 2013, 11:33

wowza...thanks for all the effort, Qi!
PreviousNext