Where we post about what and how much time we've spent with the mod related development
no avatar
User

Cheeseontoast

01 Nov 2010, 01:18

Re: CoT's Workshop / Drugs Lab

by Cheeseontoast » 22 Mar 2011, 04:55

Been working on the HUD again, pretty much have the entire HUD converted now, Going to go through them one by one and look for any errors...

As a side not, Ive come to realise the files need no be converted.. You can take anything youve made in milkshape and, provided its the correct scale, simply name it the same as its counterpart and paste in... works a charm lol, as a fun note, you can use exsiting models such as ships lol, aslong as you can get FL to load the mat file, or the textures are built into the CMP lol.

In other news. Been drawing designs for the new HUD and run a few designs on to paper, Ive got one which im happy with so ive started modelling it all =]

~Time spent 10 hours past 2 days
Wheres my taco?
no avatar
User

Qi

14 Feb 2010, 14:38

The Netherlands. Timezone: Central Europe.

by Qi » 22 Mar 2011, 08:28

Hi Cheese

I am building the fwtow launcher. I recon it must look and feel just like the hud. And I am working on look and feel atm.

Could you send me some images I can work from?
[email protected]

no avatar
User

Cheeseontoast

by Cheeseontoast » 22 Mar 2011, 13:12

I'll work on getting the designs into a digital format, unless you want me to send them by post lmao XD but you can take a look at the video I made of the button here The HUD is very similar to that... I wanted to go for something new but would still be familair to people.
Wheres my taco?
no avatar
User

Qi

by Qi » 22 Mar 2011, 13:56

Post? I have put my email address there....

If you can just make a snapshot of some of the huds screens against a totally black background that would help me the best. Also I wonder if you are able to make an animated gif of that button. If you can't easily then please don't bother. A snapshot will be just fine, I can animate in Visual C#.

no avatar
User

Cheeseontoast

by Cheeseontoast » 24 Mar 2011, 19:47

Qi wrote:Post? I have put my email address there....

I ment the Postal Service lol =P

Qi wrote:If you can just make a snapshot of some of the huds screens against a totally black background that would help me the best. Also I wonder if you are able to make an animated gif of that button. If you can't easily then please don't bother. A snapshot will be just fine, I can animate in Visual C#.

I've sent an email containing the gif
Wheres my taco?
no avatar
User

Qi

by Qi » 24 Mar 2011, 23:21

I got it Cheese. Thanks!

no avatar
User

Cheeseontoast

by Cheeseontoast » 25 Mar 2011, 00:21

No worries! =D
Wheres my taco?
no avatar
User

Cheeseontoast

by Cheeseontoast » 03 Apr 2011, 01:00

Okay Work Log update time!!! :D

~Time: Oh god too numerous.

Ive been tinkering trying to get the HUD to load textures from the one place, after alot of hair pulling, Ive managed to pull it off... Not entirely from one place BUT it is as good as you can get without making any special plugin and just using the standard game to load them.

First off, I needed to find a file that was used in every single screen of freelancer... The most obvious one to go for here is the cursor, I tried that and it failed, you can rename the file from a TXM to CMP and make sure the references are all correct but other than that you cant actually use it for one reason or another... So I had a think, The one thing that gets loaded up before every single screen change is the loading bar cmp.. I shoved all the textures into this cmp... deleted all the texture libraries from all the other CMP's and success!! It worked with only one flaw..

When the game loads up It doesnt load this CMP up straight away, the first thing it loads is the front_button.cmp in the neuronet/inventory folder and leaves it at that, so when the game first loads up, these textures are not loaded, the buttons go all white, Only way to solve this issue is to have the textures for the buttons is to have them like the old HUD... the textures are in the cmp. Not a massive problem at all when you think now that the entire HUD look can be changed in pretty much a few moments :mrgreen:

As for other stuff, Im looking at how FL Displays the HUD from a camera perspective... Im interested to see how the z axis (towards and away) affects the position of it in game... Ive had some very wierd results from editing the guage windows (health bars) and im looking into sorting this out or seeing if the HUD camera is like any normal perspective camera... Im just guessing its FOV is either really big or really small... whichever one makes it look more orthogonal...

In other news.. I'm not entirely sure if its my method... but for some very odd reason, FL doesnt appear to be liking my TGA's overlapping, when they have alpha's in them, esspecially animated, I think. The furthest texture back will appear, while anything infront of it will not be seen at all... Atleast that is what it looks like. further testing is required :D
Wheres my taco?
no avatar
User

Cheeseontoast

by Cheeseontoast » 04 Apr 2011, 10:13

Finished converting the HUD from XML to CMP
~Time: 7.5 Hours
~Est Total Time: 48 - 96 Hours

Finally finished up converting! Now every CMP is in an importable state for milkshape =]

I say Importable because there are some CMP's which have not come out correctly but the majority of the mesh is intact. I will go over the borked ones at a later date to get them perfect, My main focus is on getting some more mesh'es made for the HUD and getting the actual mod's HUD textures like I have them setup in Vanilla (all in one file). The later should only take a few minutes as I know exactly what im doing :mrgreen:

Yay for progress! :D
Wheres my taco?
User

Sushi

Rank

Developer

14 Feb 2010, 05:05

by Sushi » 04 Apr 2011, 10:47

WOOOOO.

Go Cheesy!
PreviousNext