Where we post about what and how much time we've spent with the mod related development

Bob's Diary

Moderator: Developers

User

Bob

11 Apr 2010, 02:15

Adelaide, Australia

Bob's Diary

by Bob » 07 May 2013, 13:34

Dear Diary,

Today the lead devs made fun of me again. Sometimes I think it's just me and Myst versus the world, but then I realise Myst is probably working with them. I must expedite my plot to destroy Myst.

Between having my self-confidence systematically destroyed, I finished the first pass of the system redesign for Ryloth, and got nearly done with Endor. The Ewoks have begun calling me 'Great Cat in the Sky'. I'm not sure how to feel about this. Am I cat? How do they know what a cat is? Do they eat cats?

I also added entries for all the systems into starsphere.ini, so they wouldn't explode as soon as you entered them. This was causing widespread panic across the galaxy, and after recreating the Ewok race again for the sixth time enough was enough. Great Master Sizer pointed me in the right direction, but I get the feeling he's setting me up for some big prank. Maybe he thinks I'm a cat too?

Am I really a cat? I just don't know anymore.

Love,

Bob
no avatar
User

Qi

14 Feb 2010, 14:38

The Netherlands. Timezone: Central Europe.

Re: Bob's Diary

by Qi » 07 May 2013, 16:09

*whispers*
((I love it. Don't stop there.))

User

Bob

Adelaide, Australia

by Bob » 08 May 2013, 12:52

Dear Diary,

I think someone has been reading this. I just can't shake the feeling!

Regardless, I have grave news to report. While finishing my work in Endor, the planets began to disappear. I searched frantically, wondering where they could go, and it soon became clear... The planets weren't gone, they were cloaked!

My current theory is that the Ewoks have become suspicious of my meddling in their home system... Who else would have the idea to paint all the planets a matte black? I mentioned this theory to The Bearded One, and before long, the Ewok's own Forest Moon had colour yet again! That will show those little miscreants who the boss is.

With my job in Endor done for now, I moved across the Galactic Core to the Bilbringi system. Hutt's Sweaty Wrinkles that system is a mess! I cleared out all those pesky asteroids and rearranged the features some... Now I'm ready to experiment with new and improved asteroid belts! Soon the citizens of Bilbringi will witness the firepower of my armed and operational asteroids!

There's a lot of work to be done in Bilbringi, so let's hope I don't get waylaid by discussions about cats.

Love,

Bob
User

Bob

Adelaide, Australia

by Bob » 23 May 2013, 12:11

Dear Diary,

Oh no! It seems the photon wave disruptor in my auxiliary power mainframe had a major fault! Luckily, I know a crack phase-shift mechanic, and he was able to sort out my issue before I knew it!

With the technical problems out of the way, I turned my eye back to Bilbringi and crafted beautiful rings of deadly asteroids, in which to put in motion my plans... Away from the eyes of the other devs. Here in the wheeling asteroids and huge shipyards, I will construct a mighty armada of battleships, and use them to overthrow the Great Overlord Sizer!

But first, I needed shipyards. Though they were still shocked from the wholesale destruction of their system, I commanded the citizens of Bilbringi to construct me two clusters of shipyards in orbit of Bilbringi VII, a massive asteroid that serves as the perfect base of operations in the system. Knowing the Lead Devs, they would send frequent patrols into each system to find and crush dissent, so I was forced to construct a third cluster, away from the shipyards in a central location.

Bilbringi Sector Control! All hyperlanes into the system converge here, so any inquisition would be forced to pass through! Mighty defences were constructed to defeat the serpents when they rear their ugly heads, and my loyal Bilbringi citizens tell me they are ready to defend my fleet under construction with their lives!

In a related note, I have heard rumours that the Ewoks of Endor have achieved space flight, and are amassing a fleet of their own... Are they being controlled by the Lead Devs? Are they marshaling a force to attack me directly? I can only hope they bide their time before attacking, I must complete my fleet first!

Love,

Bob