Where we post about what and how much time we've spent with the mod related development

Qi's todos

Moderator: Developers

no avatar
User

Qi

14 Feb 2010, 14:38

The Netherlands. Timezone: Central Europe.

Re: Qi's todos

by Qi » 02 Aug 2013, 21:31

Got the influence screen to some kind of finished state.

See: http://fwtow.net/index.php?menu=influen ... ence_tab=2
(from the menu: factions, influence)

It has 4 tabs. I have been working on the bases tab screen. That is where ownership of bases is determined by automatic game play as we intend it.

It works in weekly cycles. The new cycle starts at 0:00am on Mondays. The cycle key is year + week number. Example: current cycle is 201331.

The bases are all listed. Some bases are in groups like the large shipyards. The sub-bases are called Quays. Example: scroll down to Bilbringy Shipyards.

The activity is measured near bases. Example data is shown on Bastion Custom Station.

Only some faction cause military influence. Other factions that don't are never listed.

See the influence spec over here

Since we cannot make NPC caps to work yet, that is now always 0 points.

Kills made is the number of kills that faction made of enemy ships. Kill points are 1 per 10 kills.

Presence of ships is the ship classification's points times the number of hours. The influence radius of a base is their solar radius + 5000.

The influence program that runs on Monday morning creates the new cycle records, and set ownership, contested/uncontested and implements the military influence of the last cycle. On the screen the military influence of the last cycle is shown in a grey bar, and the newly building-up influence of the current cycle in a yellow bar. So by the yellow bar players can see how the fight is getting along.

The influence program is still work in progress, but I wanted to make the screen and underlying tables first. I will also add a tab with ship names making influence and kills in the current cycle. That way they have a activity and kill board.

no avatar
User

Qi

14 Feb 2010, 14:38

The Netherlands. Timezone: Central Europe.

by Qi » 03 Aug 2013, 16:56

On request I made a publicly available spec for influence.

In the game server menu, info, the rules of the game, ownership and war.

Or use this link http://fwtow.net/index.php?menu=info&page=9

User

Sizer

Rank

Developer

08 Sep 2010, 23:56

Oakland, California, USA

by Sizer » 03 Aug 2013, 19:45

Very good stuff, Qi
User

Sushi