Talk about anything Star Wars here!
no avatar
User

Starkill

16 Apr 2010, 07:03

Re: Sizer's Star Wars Rebels Rant

by Starkill » 26 Jul 2014, 16:30

At the San Diego Comic Con, the guys behind Star Wars Rebels said that Obi-wan will be in Star Wars Rebels. Though they didn't say if he will be a regular, or a one time guest star sort of thing. But they also hinted that other well known Star Wars characters may be in the show in varying capacities. So far the theories I have heard include Chewie, a young Han Solo, more C-3PO and R2-D2, along with the potential for a variety of EU characters that could become canonized. So yeah, thats a thing.
User

Teradyn

Rank

Galactic Empire Command

27 Mar 2014, 21:06

The Sovereign Nation of Texas

by Teradyn » 27 Jul 2014, 02:27

You can almost reach out and taste the vile influence of Product Marketing and Sales in that...

no avatar
User

Kablob

04 Sep 2010, 02:56

by Kablob » 28 Jul 2014, 20:33

They said that there would be more of Obi-Wan than there was in the trailer, which was two lines of dialogue from his warning message that he recorded in ROTS. I wouldn't be surprised if "more than in the trailer" just meant that there would be the rest of the message.

But you'll still hate it, because apparently what you want from Star Wars is reskinned Warhammer 40K :roll: .
User

Teradyn

Rank

Galactic Empire Command

27 Mar 2014, 21:06

The Sovereign Nation of Texas

by Teradyn » 28 Jul 2014, 21:12

No, we want more Empire Strikes Back and less Revenge of the Gungans.

User

Sizer

Rank

Developer

08 Sep 2010, 23:56

Oakland, California, USA

by Sizer » 28 Jul 2014, 21:23

Kablob wrote:They said that there would be more of Obi-Wan than there was in the trailer, which was two lines of dialogue from his warning message that he recorded in ROTS. I wouldn't be surprised if "more than in the trailer" just meant that there would be the rest of the message.

But you'll still hate it, because apparently what you want from Star Wars is reskinned Warhammer 40K :roll: .

Ah yes, because if one doesn't like exactly how something is portrayed, they must want the exact polar extreme! We've said what we want, but for your benefit, I'll reiterate.

-I want the rebellion as alluded to in ANH. Something whispered about, something that even by the time of ANH, was just a rumor in parts of the galaxy. I want the Rebellion described in the opening crawl of ANH. I suppose you know it, but I'll post it here for your benefit.

It is a period of civil war.
Rebel spaceships, striking
from a hidden base, have won
their first victory against
the evil Galactic Empire.

their first victory
their first
first

But having Jedi running around as part of the proper Rebellion is just fine. Gotta have your action figures!
no avatar
User

Kablob

by Kablob » 28 Jul 2014, 23:35

Starkill wrote:I want gritty grim dark. I want Game of Thrones, plus Walking Dead, plus Breaking Bad, covered in grime and with a plot along the lines of Firefly, but all inside the Star Wars universe.

Why? Because screw Force Users, and goody-goody stories, they have been done to death! Now lets do something actually interesting.

I wasn't talking about you with the Warhammer line Sizer, I was talking about this.
no avatar
User

Starkill

by Starkill » 29 Jul 2014, 08:36

Kablob wrote:
Starkill wrote:I want gritty grim dark. I want Game of Thrones, plus Walking Dead, plus Breaking Bad, covered in grime and with a plot along the lines of Firefly, but all inside the Star Wars universe.

Why? Because screw Force Users, and goody-goody stories, they have been done to death! Now lets do something actually interesting.

I wasn't talking about you with the Warhammer line Sizer, I was talking about this.

Actually I would LOVE it if they made a Star Wars that was simply a reskinned Warhammer 40k. Imagine how awesome 8 foot tall Orks reskinned to be Ewoks would be! :D

I don't want Star Wars to be a reskinned Warhammer 40k, frankly that would just diminish how awesome WH40k is and take away from its general appeal. Rather, I want a Star Wars more like Firefly, but bigger. I want it to have the same feel of Firefly, the same grit and dark world and general sense that people's entire lives consist of merely trying to survive (a task that they do more failing of than succeeding), but be on the scale of a Galaxy, with cool droids, giant walkers, and a more interesting evil empire.

I want to see dozens of ISDs with hundreds of supporting ships and thousands of fighters, battling a handful of retrofitted luxury liners and freighters and military ships that are 20-30+ years old, and win! I want to see the battles where not only does luke not use the force, but there is no luke in the first place! I want to see the realistic might of a military that rules over a Galaxy (Or at least most of it)! I want to see millions of Imperial Army grunts invading a planet, being supported by hundreds of thousands of walkers, and tens of thousands of repulsorlift tanks, and hundreds of elite stormtroopers! Because that is the kind of military might a brutal Empire that controls trillions upon trillions upon trillions of people would need!

I want to see the toll that living in such a terrible galaxy takes on a person. A galaxy where slavery is extremely common, racism is everywhere, drugs are overused, an evil empire is constantly trying to kill you, an evil criminal empire is constantly trying to kill you, a secret evil empire is constantly trying to kill you, dozens of invading evil empires are trying to kill you, and you can get your arm ripped off in a cantina because you won a card game but also just as quickly can get that arm replaced with a rusty cybernetic arm! I want that Star Wars! You can keep all your fancy glow sticks and child-geared sensibilities.
no avatar
User

Romer

21 Apr 2014, 21:37

UK

by Romer » 29 Jul 2014, 14:17

So you don't want star wars then.

I agree with Sizer that rebels would be better without a force user main character, but that universe you just described isn't star wars.
no avatar
User

Starkill

by Starkill » 29 Jul 2014, 20:06

Romer wrote:So you don't want star wars then.

I agree with Sizer that rebels would be better without a force user main character, but that universe you just described isn't star wars.

Its what Star Wars could be, or at least the one hinted at and partially explored in the background and books and general EU. Only it gets polluted by cheesy and tired force users and force user storylines that often don't make sense or make you wish they didn't make sense because the sense they make is simply too painful accept as actually existing.

You know what, I want a movie about Xim the Despot and all of the awesome battles he had in the Tion Cluster and against the Hutts. Best part of it all, largely no force users were involved.
no avatar
User

Kablob

by Kablob » 02 Oct 2014, 00:32

To those who think Rebels won't have any dark stuff in it because Disney:

Okay, that's a freaky corpse they've got there but I don't see what-

:shock:

Oh.

I guess that's one way to use a captured Jedi as bait for a trap.
PreviousNext