Not counting this game err.. mod
All time favorite: Battlefront II
Others:
Knights of the Old Republic I & II
Empire at War (before FoC)
Force Unleashed
Force Unleashed II

See a pattern?
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

no avatar
User

Visazo

04 Apr 2012, 14:04

Germany

Re: Favourite Star Wars Game?

by Visazo » 22 Aug 2012, 14:50

definatelly TIE-Fighter. I was addicted to this game ... and it was damn hard to for me as I got it when I was really young, was one of my first PC-games :D

place 2 & 3 are jedi knight II and KOTOR I.
User

Oglevi

15 May 2012, 20:43

Houston, TX

by Oglevi » 23 Aug 2012, 17:54

I enjoyed X-wing, Tie Fighter, and XWA all about the same. I keep an older pc loaded with them just in case I'm in the mood.

I really loved the BF2142 mod called First Strike. The fps maps were a bit goofy to play, but the space combat maps were fantastic. That mod had the most realistic (size and scale) and cannon Death Star Trench run I have ever experienced. The team play tools built into BF2142 made multiplayer communication so easy. You didn't have to stop and type in the heat of battle. I think it's downfall was the lack of desire to play as a team.

One of the missions required A-Wings as fighter support and Y-Wings as bombers to complete the goal of destroying a convoy of transports. Most of the people playing rebels couldn't figure out that you couldn't win the mission with every one flying A-Wings. When I started having problems with my digital copy of 2142 registering, EA told me I would have to buy the game again and that ended my First Strike fun.

Just like what's being done here, it was a great game by fans for fans.
no avatar
User

Leaph Chausew

12 Apr 2012, 10:53

by Leaph Chausew » 01 Nov 2012, 22:30

SWG: Jump to Light Speed...

Spent a good few years role playing and flying starfighters on (our version of) the Outer Rim playing an every evolving player led campaign. I'll miss those days, but I'd never want to return to them. That's a chapter of my life over.
Previous