Talk about anything Star Wars here!
no avatar
User

Bardus

18 Dec 2011, 02:53

George quits Star Wars, blames fans.

by Bardus » 20 Jan 2012, 19:28

Article Someone is having a tantrum :roll:

"When fanboys wailed, Lucas did not just hear the scream of young Jedis; he heard something like the voice of the studio. The dumb, uncomprehending voice in his Socratic dialogues — a voice telling him how to make a blockbuster. “On the Internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie,” Lucas says, referring to fans who, like the dreaded studios, have done their own forcible re-edits. “I’m saying: ‘Fine. But my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it.’ ”

Lucas seized control of his movies from the studios only to discover that the fanboys could still give him script notes. “Why would I make any more,” Lucas says of the “Star Wars” movies, “when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?”

My hopes is the franchise might stand a chance of being resurrected. My fears is George will end the franchise out of spite.

What do you think?
User

Turis

16 Feb 2010, 12:55

Santiago de compostela, Spain.

Re: George quits Star Wars, blames fans.

by Turis » 20 Jan 2012, 20:50

He has all the rights to do it and make all the changes he wants. After all, he owns the movies.
no avatar
User

Bardus

18 Dec 2011, 02:53

by Bardus » 20 Jan 2012, 21:10

Turis wrote:He has all the rights to do it and make all the changes he wants. After all, he owns the movies.

He can keep the prequels and do as he wants with those disasters but continually changing the originals is like drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. Sure somebody is going to laugh but the majority of the world is going to see it as a crime.
User

Turis

16 Feb 2010, 12:55

Santiago de compostela, Spain.

by Turis » 21 Jan 2012, 03:05

Bardus wrote:
Turis wrote:He has all the rights to do it and make all the changes he wants. After all, he owns the movies.

He can keep the prequels and do as he wants with those disasters but continually changing the originals is like drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. Sure somebody is going to laugh but the majority of the world is going to see it as a crime.

Totally absurd!
no avatar
User

Killrog

28 May 2011, 15:13

by Killrog » 23 Jan 2012, 22:13

I disagree. Sure, legally speacking he owns everything, but he opened it, he freed the name "Star Wars", he opened the franchise so that people (writers, comic scenarists and drawers, amateurs...) could expand his creations, and he got benefits from it, I'm not just talking about money here, but also creativity, he sustained on others creativity while his own was considerably declining to the point of making TCW.

It is not about property or even intellectual property anymore, it is about heritage ! Star Wars has become a global heritage, that's a fact, and from that consideration, not only shouldn't he change his masterpiece, but he shouldn't have the right to do it legally, or at least he should let the people decide whether or not he did it !