Anything unrelated to the mod can take place here.

Anyone remember me?

no avatar
User

Cropto7

07 Jul 2015, 23:01

Anyone remember me?

by Cropto7 » 07 Jul 2015, 23:06

Can't remember if I either used Cropto or something like republic_owner back then (I know, silly name)
Might've used the former quite a bit longer though...

Anyhow... ahoy!
Siren is right, old forums could use some dusting. JJDutch mentioned these shiny new ones a couple of times :D
no avatar
User

Starkill

16 Apr 2010, 07:03

Re: Anyone remember me?

by Starkill » 08 Jul 2015, 16:29

I remember......things.
User

Cosmic

08 Dec 2011, 03:20

by Cosmic » 09 Jul 2015, 11:45

Yes, I do. I remember the long walks in the beach, the nights by the fireplace, and breakfast in the morning.
no avatar
User

Cropto7

07 Jul 2015, 23:01

by Cropto7 » 09 Jul 2015, 13:40

Haha Starkill... I definitely remember you and a lot of other names on this forum.
Anyhow, whatsupp with the mod? Seems kinda empty? There weren't many people on the server
no avatar
User

Tessius

12 Apr 2014, 19:06

Jumping to Lightspeed

by Tessius » 12 Jul 2015, 01:41

Hi Cropto! :D
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

by Kalis » 12 Jul 2015, 02:11

Not much happening on account of there not being a running campaign at the moment and the NR being very short handed compared to the GE.

We have peaks in activity over the weekends, had around 10 people online earlier today for an event for example. Larger numbers aren't unheard of but that is a little above average for right now.
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

no avatar
User

Tessius

Jumping to Lightspeed

by Tessius » 14 Jul 2015, 01:34

Kalis wrote:Not much happening on account of there not being a running campaign at the moment and the NR being very short handed compared to the GE.

We have peaks in activity over the weekends, had around 10 people online earlier today for an event for example. Larger numbers aren't unheard of but that is a little above average for right now.

That's not really the only problem, but probably the most immediate I'll give you that. Freelancer has been dying a slow and painful death for a long while, now you're seeing just how bad it is.
User

DarkForce

Rank

Developer

16 Feb 2010, 17:46

by DarkForce » 14 Jul 2015, 15:57

Tessius wrote:
Kalis wrote:Not much happening on account of there not being a running campaign at the moment and the NR being very short handed compared to the GE.

That's not really the only problem, but probably the most immediate I'll give you that. Freelancer has been dying a slow and painful death for a long while, now you're seeing just how bad it is.

Regardless of the state of the Freelancer community, we're all still here. The mod's still being worked on, and for the forseeable future we intend to keep this going. The playerbase issue is definitely a side effect of Freelancer's popularity, for sure, but we're also not doing everything we can at the moment to renew interest in the mod because of some of the coming changes / additions.

Once FF has the major pivot changes ready we will make a harder push to drum up some more players. That's basically the plan going forward now.

If anyone is interested in the week-week development and goings-on, check out http://www.galacticnews.net. I maintain it to keep a running record of what's going on in development and the community.

I know it seems quiet, but there's good stuff here if you take the time to get involved.
Blame DarkForce, he wasn't clear about it.
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

by Kalis » 14 Jul 2015, 20:05

I wouldn't describe it as dying, just in limbo. Things are still being worked on and improved, and it has become common knowledge that advertising is being avoided because the devs aren't happy with the state of the mod yet. Which is fine.

Personally, I think all that we need is more people playing the game and a working campaign.
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

no avatar
User

Tessius

Jumping to Lightspeed

by Tessius » 15 Jul 2015, 23:51

Kalis wrote:I wouldn't describe it as dying, just in limbo. Things are still being worked on and improved, and it has become common knowledge that advertising is being avoided because the devs aren't happy with the state of the mod yet. Which is fine.

Personally, I think all that we need is more people playing the game and a working campaign.

Sure, but you also need people to enjoy the game they are playing and that's the hard part. I'm not blaming the devs, but i believe that somewhere down the line that enjoyment was lost. If people don't enjoy playing the mod or game then it's a reflection of what didn't work as it was intended, granted if the devs are working on fixing the problems and if it brings back people then that's great. Though the community also contributes to how many are around and playing, if there's not a welcome or decent community then things will go limbo or even fall apart.

Anyways Cropto get back here and start talking! ;)