Anything unrelated to the mod can take place here.

PUKE

no avatar
User

MystacX

Rank

Site Admin

18 Feb 2010, 13:09

Re: PUKE

by MystacX » 18 Nov 2014, 20:17

FriendlyFire wrote:The big deal I'd say is a robust user group system, which few forums seem to care about. Specifically, the ability for admins to create groups and then assign them to non-admin users so that they can manage the groups. This is critical for factions/fleets/clans/whatever.

Also all of the forum permissions that work with that. I do like the look of it, but often those newcomers lack some of those less mainstream features in favor of looking edgy :P

Ran a test (for those interested it's at http://korthoff.nl/codoforum ), it does not have a usergroup system. There's a few roles but these are both uneditable through an interface (from what I could tell) and can only be assigned through by the admins.
I also have not found a subforum functionality, or a robust permission system.

I realize that these might be hidden or require a lot of additional configuration work, but out of the box, this forum is a big no no.
“Hmm! Adventure. Hmmpf! Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things.”
-Yoda
no avatar
User

Qi

14 Feb 2010, 14:38

The Netherlands. Timezone: Central Europe.

by Qi » 18 Nov 2014, 21:06

Now what?

User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

by Kalis » 18 Nov 2014, 21:28

I know I haven't been around for a while but this forum is still good in my eyes. The only issue I am aware of is the clutter from the years of use.

Maybe just find someone who would be happy to help organize things or simply archive/delete old posts so it is easier to find important information...

It would help to know what you guys are looking for in a forum and what you don't like about this one.
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

no avatar
User

currican

14 Feb 2010, 19:00

by currican » 24 Nov 2014, 01:06

Starkill wrote:
Kreivan wrote:Hey, am I a veteran since I've been through more than one migration?

No I think you have to be around for at least 2 or 3 to be a Vet. I have seen around 7 or 8 myselfwhen you've found yourself searching through DMacs old backups due to forum wipes/changes/crashes.

Cosmic wrote:At least I didn't break the forum this time.

I don't know, you seem awfully suspicious standing over there holding a butter knife. :D
"does "multiplayer only" mean it has no singleplayer?"

— Random

OMG! Here they come!
no avatar
User

Tessius

12 Apr 2014, 19:06

Jumping to Lightspeed

by Tessius » 24 Nov 2014, 06:20

currican wrote:
Starkill wrote:
Kreivan wrote:Hey, am I a veteran since I've been through more than one migration?

No I think you have to be around for at least 2 or 3 to be a Vet. I have seen around 7 or 8 myselfwhen you've found yourself searching through DMacs old backups due to forum wipes/changes/crashes.

I don't know, you seem awfully suspicious standing over there holding a butter knife. :D
So what's your excuse? :P
User

Cosmic

08 Dec 2011, 03:20

by Cosmic » 24 Nov 2014, 23:04

Tessius wrote:
currican wrote:

So what's your excuse? :P

no avatar
User

currican

14 Feb 2010, 19:00

by currican » 29 Nov 2014, 00:42

Tessius wrote: So what's your excuse? :P

Lost profiles and bios :P
"does "multiplayer only" mean it has no singleplayer?"

— Random

OMG! Here they come!