Any questions, comments, suggestions regarding the mod development.
no avatar
User

Rebel_Storm

17 Sep 2014, 17:40

Either Ohio or Corellia...definately Corellia

issues with the "new" NR missons

by Rebel_Storm » 13 Dec 2014, 23:05

1. Who's idea was it to send us up against transport shuttles? I can out-run them and their fire easily enough in an X, but fight them? I died and failed the mission three times just trying to get enough rep for a bomber. They seriously need a power nerf.

My idea is to use the normal TIE/In fighters for missions. Not as easy to hit as a bomber, but can't outrun an X-wing as well as an interceptor, and is actually a "not-impossible" challenge.

2. What ship has lasers that kill the hull right through the shields? I accidentally jumped to Bilbringi instead of coruscant and I was killed by one apparently.
FLT, R. Duine Image Wolf-02 (B-wing)
ImageImageImage

Bountyhunter available 2 highest bidder. P/M me 4 contract.
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

Re: issues with the "new" NR missons

by Kalis » 14 Dec 2014, 00:16

1. Transport shuttles are used because the are harder to kill. Try running missions in groups instead of by yourself, that is part of why the pay off is so high. Use the GameCP's Join A Faction to claim your character for your faction and simply max out your rep that way.

2. Killing regular NPC fighters is easy and not worth how much the missions pay. Honestly, who would pay millions to knock out a TIE group? I'm not sure even Reaper Squadron is that frustrating for you guys :P

3. No ship can do that. You got jumped by NPCs before you regained control of your ship from hyperspace and they simply decimated you (including your shields) quickly. It is a risk of flying low health craft (fighters/bombers) into enemy territory. It happens all the time, that is part of why carriers are so useful.
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

no avatar
User

Rebel_Storm

by Rebel_Storm » 14 Dec 2014, 00:53

1. I'd fight in groups, but 98% of my flight time I'm the only NR on. There was supposed to be a event at 11 GMT today. How many people showed up? Me, Wolf 3, and the Imperial Firestorm. I just don't have many assets to draw on, and most others don't either.

I don't care if I only make a couple thousand in lieu to millions. Dying 3 times in a row certainly didn't bring in much cash and it damaged my rep cause I kept failing.

2. No, I'm positive my shields were still up. And I had control of my ship. I was in the process of mapping my exit when my hull suddenly vanished. And it wasn't a missile, either. A possible bug maybe?
ImageImageImage

User

Rogueleeder

Rank

New Republic

04 Dec 2011, 23:33

Nova Scotia Canada

by Rogueleeder » 14 Dec 2014, 02:35

Uh there is no event till next Wednesday........Just covering my back here

I, Rogueleeder am hosting a server event Wednesday 17th of December. The event will run at 11pm GMT.

So don't start pointing fingers please and thank you
Chief Adviser to New Republic Command

Retired from combat operations

Side Positions:
Lore Staff
Admin Assistant
Blame RL he wasn't here enough
User

Caius

Rank

New Republic Command

24 Jun 2014, 02:34

by Caius » 14 Dec 2014, 02:58

1. Shuttles (in particular the Gamma-class ATR-6) can be quite annoying but I think they are managable. Stay behind them in a safe range (500-1000m) and dodge their laser fire while taking them out one by one. As already mentioned, engaging them in a group will make things a lot easier. Maybe too easy...

2. I really like to have different ship types in missions. To be honest, I would love to see more ships like freighters or even caps in missions for more variety and challenge. Missions aren't that exciting at all and I'm afraid restricting on TIEs only would bore us even quicker. I think the real issue is that shuttles can appear on every difficulty level. If you have bad luck, they will show up on low-priced missions. If you have even more bad luck, they will show up threetimes in a row. I'm aware that new players could get frustrated by this really quick.

If I had the chance to change something at the current state, I would restrict low priced missions on Fighters/Bombers/Delta-class Shuttles and add Gamma-class Shuttles in higher priced ones. At the moment the only thing the difficulty level seems to change is the amount of hostile NPCs. But to be honest, I don't think, it makes any sense to alter the NR mission system generally. I would appreciate it much more, if all factions had access to missions first.

3. Were you flying in cruise while mapping? The ship's energy seems to be routed to the engines while flying in cruise speed. Every hit will damage your hull instantly.
Last edited by Caius on 14 Dec 2014, 03:38, edited 7 times in total.
Air Marshal Kyle Arkano
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

by Kalis » 14 Dec 2014, 03:03

1. That is why recruiting new players is top priority for most of us here. Just shoot at enemies to get rep back if you are intent on doing it that way. I can get full GE rep by killing about twenty NR NPCs regardless of ship. If you need cash bad ask a command member or trade. Remember that Imperials don't even have missions.

2. There are a couple radiation fields in Bilbringi that can kill you. One is near the shipyards (old planetary death field that was never removed) and one is in the middle of nowhere. Unless your fighter was flying around BSY it was probably a glitch.

Was the Firestorm in NR space? There was no deployment order is why I ask, lancer is somewhat overkill for 2 fighters. If you were in Bilbringi, well, sorry for your misfortune of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

no avatar
User

Rebel_Storm

by Rebel_Storm » 14 Dec 2014, 18:16

Rogueleeder wrote:Uh there is no event till next Wednesday........Just covering my back here

I, Rogueleeder am hosting a server event Wednesday 17th of December. The event will run at 11pm GMT.

So don't start pointing fingers please and thank you

Oops, my bad, sorry :oops: . I was just illustrating my point that I seldom see fellow pilots when I'm on.

Kalis, Firestorm was in Borelias (don't know if this is still considered NR space?). Yeah, it was definately overkill for two. Wolf 3 (Caius if I remember right) was in a K-wing and while he was hitting Firestorm, but kept dying while not doing any significant hull damage, I was in my new B and inexperienced with bombing...so I didn't even help too much.

As far as Bilbringi...I'm pretty sure I was not cruising cause I killed the bombers but there were too many others so I just turned around and flew toward the first jumphole I saw, meanwhile my weapons were cooling so cruise would've been inactive.
ImageImageImage

User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

by Kalis » 14 Dec 2014, 20:23

It is somewhat officially not considered NR space because the Imperials did capture all the bases in the system. Same with Yag'Dhul.

However, seeing as the actual in game change in system ownership will not be happening anytime soon we worked out that it would be considered neutral space. We can still fight in it, it used to be that NR didn't use the bases we captured but that no longer happens anymore. I'm assuming they are too convenient, and I don't mind since you guys don't have a carrier.

Basically it is so all the trouble we went through to capture the systems has some consequence and either side can get a feeling of winning or losing the conflict in what is essentially a static universe at the moment.

User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

07 Apr 2012, 06:50

Improcco

by berowe » 14 Dec 2014, 20:34

Borleias is Yol space. You've been warned.
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

by Kalis » 14 Dec 2014, 20:42

I'm sure we can fix that Berowe.

"Yes, hello, is this Lancer Group? Ah, I need you to deploy along the Namadii Corridor and regroup in Borleias."

Next