Any questions, comments, suggestions regarding the mod development.
User

Sizer

Rank

Developer

08 Sep 2010, 23:56

Oakland, California, USA

Re: Kalis's Balance Corner (and Death Arena)

by Sizer » 06 Dec 2014, 20:25

A) the current method of capital ship acquisition is being replaced. We're not touching anything of the current system in patches because what time we do have to work on this is going to the new system

B) as stated before, the current cost of capitals was never dialed in anyways. We didn't even want to let people HAVE capitals till we figured more stuff out, but the players wanted them, so we let you have them. On top of that, permadeath was never implemented, or enforced in the meta. Again, this was to keep the players happy. Probably a mistake at the time, but that's what happened.

C) It's been mentioned in a few other places, but we've got better ideas for how to handle capital/fighter dichotomies and the influence mechanics related to them. We've just not talked about them because every time we talk about something we want to do that we think we can do, it becomes and expectation. So we're sitting mum about it.

The current meta is boring, we know. We're working on some pretty sweeping changes, some you know about, some you don't. But it's just a handful of people working on this right now, and our time is extremely limited these days. Not to be making excuses, but FF is in his doctoral program and I'm in my last year at a rather intensive art school. Just sit tight while we try and get this ready. Dunno how long it'll take, dunno if you all can be that patient. Only thing I do know is that we're going as fast as time will allow.
User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

07 Apr 2012, 06:50

Improcco

by berowe » 06 Dec 2014, 21:05

OK thanks for the update. That's all I wanted. :D
"You're going to have to run faster than that, reb..."
- Reaper comms -

Formerly/Currently:
Avenger-4, Dian Set, Reaper-02, Reaper-04, Reaper-05, Yol-01, The Randy Gamorrean, The Snooty Sullustian, Ithorian Sunset, INV Kalix's Bane, et alia.
User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

Improcco

by berowe » 06 Dec 2014, 21:44

We just need some kind of back and forth on things like these perceptions in order to help balance expectations because we enjoy this sh@# and would like to be able to do what we can to keep momentum going and the server somewhat filled. If that means adapting to what we've got for a while then that's fine.

For example: Given that the meta is kind of broken/boring and balance is iffy, the players should focus mostly on pre-planned or GM-moderated engagements to avoid unbalanced fights and things that will chase people away such as perceptions of OP ships/etc, unbalanced stockpile costs, etc.

As such we should probably start screening for more AA's. I know this is the wrong thread for this, but a decent-sized group of benevolent GM's who are prepared to throw random/premade scenarios into the mix would do wonders for the random new players flying around, and for faction members who don't have anything to do but run cargo.

I believe that there is very little risk of abuse here, because there really is no meta "war" or economy worth cheating over right now.
- Reaper comms -

Formerly/Currently:
Avenger-4, Dian Set, Reaper-02, Reaper-04, Reaper-05, Yol-01, The Randy Gamorrean, The Snooty Sullustian, Ithorian Sunset, INV Kalix's Bane, et alia.
User

Rogueleeder

Rank

New Republic

04 Dec 2011, 23:33

Nova Scotia Canada

by Rogueleeder » 06 Dec 2014, 23:22

I'll say it again Berowe, you want events then give us something to work with. I am happy to jump on and help moderate things but I don't have enough hours in a week to be thinking out scenarios. If you give me ideas then I can fit them in with the lore and work some magic. I need inspiration to create something, I can't work with nothing.
Chief Adviser to New Republic Command

Retired from combat operations

Side Positions:
Lore Staff
Admin Assistant
Blame RL he wasn't here enough
User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

Improcco

by berowe » 06 Dec 2014, 23:35

Ja- am running scenarios past a few people. Eff it I'll post them in general :D
- Reaper comms -

Formerly/Currently:
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 06 Dec 2014, 23:50

I'm iffy about nominating more AAs - the last thing we want is to have AAs represent a significant proportion of the playerbase, because then it looks like we're running an old boys' club.

We could name one other AA to replace Teradyn, but that's as far as I'd go, and they'd have to be willing and able to work hand in hand with the lore team. I'm open to suggestions as to who.
User

Rogueleeder

Rank

New Republic

Nova Scotia Canada

by Rogueleeder » 06 Dec 2014, 23:58

I knew that would be your response. I'd like a non-faction leader personally, some one who can role-play and write it on the forums AMD be willing to come on TS and collaborate with me on events and lore work.

Side Positions:
Lore Staff
Admin Assistant
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

by Kalis » 07 Dec 2014, 02:30

I don't know if he wants to do this, but I think you just described Loki right there.
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

User

Rogueleeder

Rank

New Republic

Nova Scotia Canada

by Rogueleeder » 07 Dec 2014, 13:43

Loki is already an AA XD as well as part of the lore staff.

Side Positions:
Lore Staff
Admin Assistant
no avatar
User

Rebel_Storm

17 Sep 2014, 17:40

Either Ohio or Corellia...definately Corellia

by Rebel_Storm » 07 Dec 2014, 16:24

Rogueleeder wrote:I knew that would be your response. I'd like a non-faction leader personally, some one who can role-play and write it on the forums AMD be willing to come on TS and collaborate with me on events and lore work.

This kinda looks like a admin/faction command thread, maybe I'm not supposed to post here...

But anyway, if you find someone who's good with the event/lore work and they happen to not be as good with the roleplay/forum-writing aspect, I'd be willing to assist them.
FLT, R. Duine Image Wolf-02 (B-wing)
ImageImageImage

Bountyhunter available 2 highest bidder. P/M me 4 contract.
PreviousNext