Any questions, comments, suggestions regarding the mod development.
User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

07 Apr 2012, 06:50

Improcco

Re: Kalis's List of (Petty) Annoyances

by berowe » 26 Nov 2014, 03:20

I don't mind the TIE rate of fire. It seems accurate with canon. Sure it'd be nice to have a steady flow but it's still a nasty sjip once you get used to it.
"You're going to have to run faster than that, reb..."
- Reaper comms -

Formerly/Currently:
Avenger-4, Dian Set, Reaper-02, Reaper-04, Reaper-05, Yol-01, The Randy Gamorrean, The Snooty Sullustian, Ithorian Sunset, INV Kalix's Bane, et alia.
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 27 Nov 2014, 06:52

I feel like it's worth going through the points one by one now.

Empty Space: The systems you list are what we call minor systems, and most of them were put in as placeholders to flesh out the galaxy. Systems like Coruscant (for dense systems) or Horuset (for sparse systems) are more representative of the final goal.

Where Are the Light Freighters?: NPC spawns are notoriously finicky. Most trading factions as well as civilians should be flying YTs and such (Lambdas are restricted to the Empire only though). Why don't they? Probably something somewhere that the game doesn't like. We'll be working on NPCs in general but I wouldn't expect miracles.

Jedi and Sith are not Neutral: Should be corrected in next patch.

Golan Stations Stuck on Stun: Should be corrected in next path.

Imperial Unemployment Rate at 99%: Should be corrected in next patch - added missions in Bastion as a stopgap (that is, until we design missions for Imperial systems, which are largely homogeneous and thus don't normally spawn enemy NPCs).

Fighters Equip More Weapons, Engineers Can't Figure Out Where: The equipment regeneration code was entirely rewritten for the next patch, should no longer happen.

Pilot Can't Figure Out Fire Controls, Resorts to Kamikaze: The weapon linking code was also completely written for the next patch, and will properly work on all ships as well as react appropriately to enabling/disabling weapons.

User Unfriendly: This is still under consideration, but we'll probably move the lane and/or the buoy and stations.

Defenses Thwarted by Extra Dimension: We used to have a gravity well covering the entire mine field, but it made movement through Bastion a nightmare since you couldn't activate your drive while inside the field either. We'll be looking at ways to fix that. Do note however that the field is a sphere, regardless of what FL's visuals tell you: you can't go in from above.

Hurrim/Miser Flight Delayed by Anomalies: I've eliminated a gravity well defined for the asteroid belt around the star in Bespin in the next patch. I don't see anything else that might cause this.

Star Destroyer Too Fat for Lane: Trade lane mechanics have been completely changed in the next patch, which will fix this issue and more besides.

The Kashyyyk Jump: I'll try to put this in the next patch.

Jedi "Peacekeepers": Jedi spawns have been removed in the next patch.

Borleias Trade Lane Mislabeled, Tourists Confused: Fixed in next patch.

Martians Are Invading Star Wars: You give me good textures, I'll change them with pleasure. Until then, tough.

Flames Erupt as Ships Near Planet: Fixed in next patch.

Shrink Ray Used on SSD: The SSD is smaller, but not as much as you'd think because our capitals are larger than normal. We can't make it any bigger without causing issues, so it's staying this way, or it's getting out of the mod entirely. Your pick.

Super Star Destroyer Stripped of Weaponry: Static ships don't have weaponry and giving weapons to the SSD would be a problem on multiple levels, so for now it's staying the way it is.

Tactical Hyperjumps In Atmosphere: Fixed in next patch.

Planet Gains Weight, Scientists Worry: Fixed in next patch, alongside a whole bunch of other planets using the same archetype.

Sun Lacks Gravity, Planets Concerned: I couldn't find anything wrong there. It may not be a gravity well you're seeing there.

Hutts Shoot at Neutrals: Should be fixed in next patch.

The Rylothi Starfighter Monopoly: Noted, will try to fix for next patch.

Ships Getting Shot into Singularities: I've tried changing a few things in the system but there wasn't anything that'd cause what you're describing. Will have to see if the changes resolve the issue.

--

I would appreciate if you could mark down the issues as resolved/wontfix/tentatively resolved so we can sift through them more easily :)
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

by Kalis » 27 Nov 2014, 07:05

I'll color code them as such tomorrow, or I can organize them by response instead of system. Your choice :)

Also, I'll put WiP and Tentative WiP until they are actually fixed in game, because we both know that sometimes the fix doesn't work out once applied to the server. I'm not saying I don't think you have solved them, but the fix does not apply to my game yet so for me it isn't fixed if that makes sense. I'm a selfish person. :roll:

As for the SSD (would prefer it remain in game btw because even a shrunk SSD is awesome) and the Terra-formed Mars, I did say some of the annoyances would be petty in the title :P

At the moment I need to sleep and when I attempt to edit things while sleepy things get deleted accidentally...

Also, I did confirm that XTS and Czerka do fly the regular (not the U&A) YT freighters. So whatever you did with them, you did it right.

I have another annoyance for tomorrow, just mentioning it here so I remember: NR Fighters Attack Neutral Freighters. This one I noticed in Coruscant, the NR npcs were ganging up on Fabritech and Blastech freighters for some reason.
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

by Kalis » 28 Nov 2014, 07:00

Forgot tomorrow was thanksgiving. Will edit tomorrow. The vicious cycle continues.

User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

07 Apr 2012, 06:50

Improcco

by berowe » 28 Nov 2014, 18:49

Will have had been Thanksgivinged. Back to the Future Tense. #anglish
"You're going to have to run faster than that, reb..."
- Reaper comms -

Formerly/Currently:
Avenger-4, Dian Set, Reaper-02, Reaper-04, Reaper-05, Yol-01, The Randy Gamorrean, The Snooty Sullustian, Ithorian Sunset, INV Kalix's Bane, et alia.
User

Axxif

Rank

Galactic Empire

30 Dec 2011, 13:28

Poorly-lit corner

by Axxif » 02 Dec 2014, 18:28

Since I love that format so much...

Hyperdrive fails, spacers sue company: The Independant trading vessel Cloakshape, a CR90 that was recently purchased from CEC, was attempting to make a jump from Bastion to Sullust. When they jumped, however, their hyperdrive malfunctioned and threw them out just hundreds of feet from their original point (the game blackscreens for a second once docked, then the process kills itself. Once logged back in, I'm found in a direction away from the hole's location, with a longer wait period correlating to a further distance from the jump hole). CEC has declined to comment on the incidents, and engineers are working to fix the problem.

Disease! Countless hit with Space Delusion Sickness: Reports are coming from all over the galaxy of a delusional disease that is striking spacers near and far. New Republic starfighter pilots have been witnessed firing blankly at an apparently-invisible target in Coruscant, and freighters in Bilbringi are jockeying for a specific spot in space. (Whenever I spawn a hyperspace hole, while waiting for it to stabilize I've noticed that the AI's mind is blow by its appearance. Some, like the New Republic, find it a hostile object; as such, they send barrage after barrage into it aimlessly (mind you, my character is listed as pro-GE, so I would contribute the fact that they attack it to such a reason). Others, like many of the freighters (at least in Bilbringi for certain) find it the greatest thing since sliced bread, and can't wait to jockey for sitting right in the middle of it! Now, I like watching 5 freighters try ramming into each other as much as the next guy, but enough is enough.)

Also, I'll color-code these as well. Also, Kalis, you still haven't color-coded yours :b
Nicholas Pitt
Skillful Imperial Line Officer and Army Tactician
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

by Kalis » 02 Dec 2014, 19:51

I'm still on break. Which means no work I don't want to do :P

That hyperdrive part sounds more like a bug than an issue with the game itself, and the space delusion is caused before even though you are sienar the jump you plot is imperial so the NPCs go after it. I'll add them in asap.

You will also find that if your freighter is more allied with civilians than typical NR and is Imperial the NR shoot at all the civilian (blastech, fabritech) freighters around you. Funny as hell.

User

Axxif

Rank

Galactic Empire

30 Dec 2011, 13:28

Poorly-lit corner

by Axxif » 02 Dec 2014, 21:02

Well, with the other freighters, they were ramming into each other to try and get into it, almost as if they were trying to dock with it (might they be doing so?) Still, figured it'd fit into this list well
Nicholas Pitt
Skillful Imperial Line Officer and Army Tactician
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

by Kalis » 22 Dec 2014, 09:43

This list shall be overhauled soon... Prepare for more of me bitching! :P

I honestly don't know what to do, over half of the petty annoyances no longer exist. I don't think I can replace them all. I will have to find other things to pettily annoy me, one second calling rebels.

User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

by Kalis » 22 Dec 2014, 10:35

Removed killed annoyances.

Added Trader Loses Holonet Connection, and Shields and Cargo By Default, and Freighter Shield Regen Takes Too Long, Pirates Rejoice

The latter might be balance issue but I'm pretty sure it's universal and nobody cares about pirates so my ass is covered.

PreviousNext