Any questions, comments, suggestions regarding the mod development.

What's with the lasers?

no avatar
User

Rebel_Storm

17 Sep 2014, 17:40

Either Ohio or Corellia...definately Corellia

What's with the lasers?

by Rebel_Storm » 20 Sep 2014, 22:39

So I've flown 4 different ships so far (Headhunter, YT-1300, Y-wing, & Howlrunner)--and no offense to any of the modders, but the turrents kinda suck. I feel like I'm using a starbeam MK1 with a plasma weapon's firing rate. How's anyone supposed to kill anyone like that? I mean, I was in a Headhunter, shooting at a random freighter in the area (what I've been doing to get a feel for each weapon/ship combo) and I wasn't even scatching his hulls. Maybe that was just a bug, I don't know, but I certainly hope the final version has a little more firepower.

IMO, after all weapons get a small boost in DPS and RoF, each faction should specialize.
Imperials: Extra damage boost, but range suffers, as well as energy consumption

New Republic: Extra range and RoF, but lower DPS than most factions

Corellian: The Millenium Falcon took on at least 3 TIE's simultaneously. So maybe Corellian ships get slight RoF increase, keep range, and get DPS boost at sacrifice of a little energy consumption

Hutts: Not sure about this one.

Pirates: I'm guessing they use predominately antishield weapons, so as to not damage cargo's, so maybe a boost to shield damage, at loss of a little hull damage

Civilian: less energy required, but at a loss of DPS and maybe slight loss in RoF

Like I said, I've only flown 4 ships thus far, so I'm just guessing the trend is universal, maybe it isn't. And I'm not claiming to be an expert on this either, I'm just trying to think of ways to even out the contest, in the very least for the 4 ships I've tested, so its not so hard to kill in them and not so easy to survive their attacks.

Edit: Replaced YT-1300 with the 5th ship I've tried, a Toscan 8-Q. Liked the heap of lasers, but theres only one firing mode which is so slow and so underpowered, I almost got slagged by a Hutt NPC--I never get slagged by an NPC, so why did I have to flee back into Ryloth atmosphere, only slightly damaging the Hutt, if my weapons are the correct stats?
FLT, R. Duine Image Wolf-02 (B-wing)
ImageImageImage

Bountyhunter available 2 highest bidder. P/M me 4 contract.
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

Re: What's with the lasers?

by Kalis » 21 Sep 2014, 04:12

For some reason you get swarmed by pirates and Hutts in Tatooine if that's what happened with the almost slagged thing. Taking on 5 NPCs at once all well and good but once 20 show up to the party they are bound to start hitting more often.

NPCs also have different stats than the player ships so that might be it as well. Those Used and Abused YTs have a ton of health but the devs already said they are getting rid of them.

Also, balance, including all stats are changing very soon from what I've heard so the current version of the mod is a bit inaccurate in terms of combat because the whole style and setup of combat is being changed.. I'd just wait for the changes that are coming with the pivot and re-balance before criticisms start being leveled because all of that stuff is going to change.

Basically, I wouldn't worry about weapons right now. I know it's annoying but it is a recognized issue that is being fixed :)
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

07 Apr 2012, 06:50

Improcco

by berowe » 21 Sep 2014, 04:32

This isn't LOL---turrets not turrents!
"You're going to have to run faster than that, reb..."
- Reaper comms -

Formerly/Currently:
Avenger-4, Dian Set, Reaper-02, Reaper-04, Reaper-05, Yol-01, The Randy Gamorrean, The Snooty Sullustian, Ithorian Sunset, INV Kalix's Bane, et alia.
User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

07 Apr 2012, 06:50

Improcco

by berowe » 21 Sep 2014, 04:34

Also, try to shoot them before you die. #protip #merika
"You're going to have to run faster than that, reb..."
- Reaper comms -

Formerly/Currently:
Avenger-4, Dian Set, Reaper-02, Reaper-04, Reaper-05, Yol-01, The Randy Gamorrean, The Snooty Sullustian, Ithorian Sunset, INV Kalix's Bane, et alia.
no avatar
User

Rebel_Storm

17 Sep 2014, 17:40

Either Ohio or Corellia...definately Corellia

by Rebel_Storm » 21 Sep 2014, 13:27

Okay, long as its being changed. Though actually, I was in Ryloth with a Toscan when it happened, not Tattooine in a YT.
FLT, R. Duine Image Wolf-02 (B-wing)
ImageImageImage

Bountyhunter available 2 highest bidder. P/M me 4 contract.
no avatar
User

Rankins

07 Aug 2017, 11:53

by Rankins » 14 Aug 2017, 09:32

Those bloody lasers are annoying lol.