Any questions, comments, suggestions regarding the mod development.
no avatar
User

Thararis

31 Mar 2012, 19:35

Re: Made please real space

by Thararis » 04 May 2012, 01:18

Teh Critic wrote:How long is this topic going to continue? I can somewhat understand the need to ask about making real space, but you cant please everyone. If we had start ships now, it might be possible, but unless the U.S.S Enterprise flies out of Area 51 or some other crap like that, no go.

As long as people feel like posting? It's been a rather interesting read, in my opinion, with next to no negativity.
no avatar
User

Mercenary

01 May 2012, 11:14

by Mercenary » 04 May 2012, 13:59

Useful Dave wrote:
FriendlyFire wrote:There was one FL mod where Newtonian physics were attempted and somewhat worked, but it required proper scale (so max one planet per system), took ages to get anywhere and fighters were all but removed from it since they were rather useless without the nimbleness afforded by non-Newtonian physics.

That was only a mere two hours relative flight time!

High Charity is even more far in Halo
no avatar
User

Qi

14 Feb 2010, 14:38

The Netherlands. Timezone: Central Europe.

by Qi » 04 May 2012, 14:47

According to the string theory a non-Newtonian-physics universe exists which is created by the multiverse.

So it isn't unnatural :lol:

no avatar
User

Yorg Sheidan

07 Apr 2012, 22:54

by Yorg Sheidan » 04 May 2012, 17:08

Loken wrote:I recommend you try Orbiter, and consider how much fun space combat would actually be like that.

I think most people would give up a couple of hours before they managed to match orbit with their target.

Loken is right. I have long enjoyed myself on Orbiter. There is even a Star Wars mod. It appears very quickly with such conditions, it is impossible to fight. The challenge is to dock to another station or land on a planet. And it is far from simple when you start. Fortunately some of the tutorials are very well done !
User

Useful Dave

21 Apr 2012, 01:21

by Useful Dave » 04 May 2012, 17:45

Mercenary wrote:
Useful Dave wrote:
FriendlyFire wrote:There was one FL mod where Newtonian physics were attempted and somewhat worked, but it required proper scale (so max one planet per system), took ages to get anywhere and fighters were all but removed from it since they were rather useless without the nimbleness afforded by non-Newtonian physics.

That was only a mere two hours relative flight time!

High Charity is even more far in Halo

It's pretty big actually.

no avatar
User

PringleMan

11 Mar 2010, 00:23

by PringleMan » 04 May 2012, 22:27

Pictures of that mod never really give credit to how massive the systems were.
no avatar
User

bornloser

12 May 2012, 05:54

by bornloser » 17 May 2012, 09:21

TBH I never understood the appeal of newtonian physics in these space games. I'm sure it allows for some interesting combat maneuvers but, well, I grew up playing rogue squadron.
Previous