Welcome! Get quickstart information here and introduce yourself.
no avatar
User

Tricerix

16 Apr 2016, 17:04

New/Old FW player from SWGEMU

by Tricerix » 20 Jul 2016, 04:21

Hi all, I made this account sometime ago and am just now getting around to playing. I lost my FL discs, and finally got new ones off ebay. I used to play freeworlds when it was first introduced on lancersreactor.com, and played the original freeworlds servers until maybe 3 months after bilbringi docking ring kept crashing the 24/7 USA server:P

Anyway, I am planning to get other players from SWGEMU who miss "Jump to Lightspeed" to join me here and make a guild for pvp and/or pve. I will tell people there all about this server, so I guess it's time to explain SWGEMU here. SWGEMU is an emulator to play Star Wars Galaxies where all of the code is made b y the swgemu developers and is thus 100% legal to code, use, and play. SWGEMU is now at a very good state, and next patch will be pretty close to the completion of the game when they add jedi. They plan to add JTL to SWGEMu, but that may be several years before it is ready, and tbh freeworlds was better than JTL back in 2004, so I hope several SW ship junkies can join me in the quests of Freeworlds.
User

DarkForce

Rank

Developer

16 Feb 2010, 17:46

Re: New/Old FW player from SWGEMU

by DarkForce » 20 Jul 2016, 04:57

Welcome Tricerix!

If I remember correctly, that bug was in version 1.63 on Burnout's 24/7 USA Server. The stations at Bilbringi were affectionately known as 'The Cluster'. Now that I've dated myself a bit: that version of the mod (and that bug) are long gone. The last version of Freeworlds to share the same lineage with 1.63 was probably one of the 18.xx versions. Our mod is a different beast altogether.

We've got a larger galaxy, a ton of ships (from fighters all the way up to the largest battleships), and we're continually working on the game to provide more things to do and a better overall experience for players. In fact, our entire graphics engine has been overhauled.

The development team (and a lot of our members, I expect) are quite familiar with SWGEMU, and we're very happy to see players from SWG come our way. There's a lot I could get into here, but I don't want to overwhelm you with information just yet, so I'll keep it brief.

We're currently running with two open factions, The New Republic and the Galactic Empire (Imperial Remnant, in actuality). Our timeline is slightly divergent from EU canon starting around ~11-12ABY. The best way to get in touch with faction leadership, other members of the community and the development team is through our Discord Voice/Text Chat server.

Text Channel: https://discord.gg/0WWiTSVTnEfAzQXm
Voice Channel: https://discord.gg/0WWiTSVTnEf6ZoLQ

We also keep a weekly development blog at http://www.galacticnews.net, where you'll find tons of information on recent updates, articles pertaining to our timeline's lore, and relevant links to pretty much everything pertaining to the game.

If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask! This is an extremely friendly and open community. See you in space!

Thanks,

DarkForce

Community Manager / Story Director
Blame DarkForce, he wasn't clear about it.
no avatar
User

Tricerix

by Tricerix » 27 Jul 2016, 04:31

Okay my computer was a bit difficult to get this to work on, but now I am ready to make my first character to play with. I am still a bit unsure which faction to join, and was wondering if my 1 faction character has to be rebel/imperial/pirate, or exactly how the classification works. Also i would like to know if there is an alt trader/freelance pilot class I can have along side whichever faction I choose. I read in the new player tutorial that I must declare a faction in the Game CP on these forums, but I cannot open the Game CP.
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 27 Jul 2016, 14:45

Just make a character and play. If you want to join a faction, they'll have you make characters according to that, but otherwise you can just make any character you want in any way you want. The sole restriction is not to use recognizable character names (no Skywalker).
User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

07 Apr 2012, 06:50

Improcco

by berowe » 27 Jul 2016, 17:45

New player guide sucks, sorry! Am updating it.
"You're going to have to run faster than that, reb..."
- Reaper comms -

Formerly/Currently:
Avenger-4, Dian Set, Reaper-02, Reaper-04, Reaper-05, Yol-01, The Randy Gamorrean, The Snooty Sullustian, Ithorian Sunset, INV Kalix's Bane, et alia.
no avatar
User

Tricerix

by Tricerix » 27 Jul 2016, 20:34

lol I can't figure out how to land on a planet. I follow the vector going through the boxes following the magic footprints, and when I get to the end I crash and die.

Edit: problem solved, for some reason my computer has multiple issues with this mod, but after turning both the launchpad settings down, and the in game settings down, all of the problems seem to be gone.