Welcome! Get quickstart information here and introduce yourself.
User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

07 Apr 2012, 06:50

Improcco

Re: New Player Tutorial (1.16) AUGUST 2014 Edition!

by berowe » 18 Nov 2014, 00:11

Updated with minor changes. Devs-- can you send me the text of the in-game tips so that I can include that info in this?
"You're going to have to run faster than that, reb..."
- Reaper comms -

Formerly/Currently:
Avenger-4, Dian Set, Reaper-02, Reaper-04, Reaper-05, Yol-01, The Randy Gamorrean, The Snooty Sullustian, Ithorian Sunset, INV Kalix's Bane, et alia.
User

berowe

Rank

Galactic Empire

07 Apr 2012, 06:50

Improcco

Re: New Player Tutorial (1.35) NOV 2014 Edition!

by berowe » 22 Sep 2015, 17:22

This tutorial sucks! So outdated
"You're going to have to run faster than that, reb..."
- Reaper comms -

Formerly/Currently:
Avenger-4, Dian Set, Reaper-02, Reaper-04, Reaper-05, Yol-01, The Randy Gamorrean, The Snooty Sullustian, Ithorian Sunset, INV Kalix's Bane, et alia.
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

by Kalis » 24 Sep 2015, 05:25

it happens
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 24 Sep 2015, 15:21

Yeah, the tutorial's author has been extremely negligent at keeping it up to date.
no avatar
User

cenlock

07 Jun 2016, 09:50

by cenlock » 07 Jun 2016, 12:28

Hi Guys

Are any of these chats working ?
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 07 Jun 2016, 14:13

Want to get in touch with the devs and join the community? Join our Discord Channels! Click on the links below:

Text Channel: https://discord.gg/0WWiTSVTnEfAzQXm
Voice Channel: https://discord.gg/0WWiTSVTnEf6ZoLQ
For the latest development videos, please check out our YouTube Channel! Or, visit us on the Freeworlds Forums, Facebook, or leave us a comment or question here and the developers will respond! We also have a Steam group that’s updated weekly with our news posts, and our community is always welcoming new gamers!
no avatar
User

Michaelf151

04 Jun 2016, 07:20

by Michaelf151 » 11 Jun 2016, 23:22

From a complete newbie here in the Worlds, I have been really impressed by the depth of thought that you guys are adding to the original Freelancer game! I have been a old, long time lover of FL and was really heartbroken when I found out that they dropped the whole game and never made a sequel or continuation, just like you guys are doing. I am really stoked to find out the whole worlds of Mods and flexibility that now is available!
Since I have only been here for a week or so, I am still trying to figure out what to do as I never thought about Multi-player Online options. I am still in the solo thinking, and need to find a mission to expand my experience. But I have only found that there are 1 to 2 players online when I come in here and still don't know what to do outside of the home base you start out at. Any tips or helpers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time and keep up the amazing work! If I had a job, I would totally donate to the cause...

MF
User

Volume_9

Rank

New Republic Command

01 Sep 2015, 05:11

Ontario, Canada

by Volume_9 » 12 Jun 2016, 04:47

Hi Michael,

The mod is still in development of course, but there is still plenty of things to do. Missions have been fixed to be more balanced and easier to find.

Soon, the Game Control Panel (where we view trade routes and transfer credits etc.) will be revamped and factions such as the New Republic and Galactic Empire will need to start shipping parts to stockpile in order to make large capital ships.

We recently underwent a big wipe that left both factions on equal ground, (except for more players for the Empire) so it should be an eventful few months.

If you need anything, say something in the Discord server(link above in FriendlyFire's post).

Hope to see you in space!

Volume_9
New Republic Fleet Admiral Vincent Sien-Floto
Director of Intelligence Voda Tsark

"See that over there? I like to pretend I did that."
User

Chronicler

14 Dec 2016, 20:18

A galaxy far, far away...

Re: New Player Tutorial 2016 Edition!

by Chronicler » 15 Dec 2016, 08:38

In the interest of consolidating information and updating this thread, the new Discord chat is linked here.

TEXT: https://discord.gg/x8Tb59X
Previous