Dragon Age: Inquisition

no avatar
User

Rogue

15 Feb 2010, 04:29

New Zealand

Dragon Age: Inquisition

by Rogue » 03 Jan 2015, 08:54

Let me just faceroll my keyboard2oih32iorhnqwioendfoanedfouh2304hrijefdpkajsdkfcmsdklcnmiohtq0jfpoawejtjwoejvfwlkndfhsodf.

This game is great. I love the Keep integration it has. I'm playing on PS4. However it does have it's fair share of bugs. On both playthroughs I have crashed atleast ONCE and ONLY on the final boss battle.

After investing around 100 hours roughly:
Pros:
- Incredible Story
- Fun, exciting and great attachment to characters
- Strong dislike of characters
- Great Gameplay
- Massive Maps
- AWESOME MUSIC WHEN FIGHTING DARGONZ OMG
- AMAZING post-credits cutscene.
- Knight Enchanter = Obi-Wan Kenobi + Darth Vader
- Great Character involvement from key characters from both DA:O and DA:2
- Iron Bull + Dorian - ahahhahahahhaha

Cons:
- Tactical Camera is nice but is gimmicky.
- Companion AI is worse than gimmicky at times.
- No where NEAR enough variety in armour for all of the races
- Seriously, the armour? Those sentinel elves get some kick-ass looking armour and all my femelf gets is skin tight chainmail with a cloth over her boobs????
- FXCKING FETCH QUESTS
- WHY IS THE SOLAS QUEST LINE BUGGED ARRARRGHHGHGHGHGHHG - Lavellan is not happy.

*GAME COMPLETION SPOILERS BELOW REGARDING PLAYTHROUGH OUTCOMES*

I've just completed my second playthrough at 45 hours, never stepped foot in the Oasis or the Fallow Mire. 1st Playthrough was a Human Mage with Leliana as the Divine, second as an Elf Rogue with Vivienne as the divine.

I'll just say what a clusterfuck. The game has great lore with the templar-mage conflict but it takes a backseat as you somewhat resolve it. But that twist with *Pride* at the end? Daaaaamn that was awesome. I hadn't read all of the codex entries so I wasn't expecting the Dread Wolf at all. I must say that Hawke IMO is alive, and that THOF (The Hero of Ferelden (DA:O Hero)) will be making an appearance at some stage.

Anyone elses thoughts?
Cosmic wrote:I know a lot of things and I know people more than anything else. I also know what else Sizer uses the wooden spoon for.
User

AncientV25

Rank

Galactic Empire

10 Dec 2014, 04:13

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition

by AncientV25 » 06 Jan 2015, 21:50

MORE SPOILERS
But you do know that hawke and the warden(DAO) both make a few appearances, depending on your choices in a world with DA's Keep, right?

no avatar
User

Rogue

15 Feb 2010, 04:29

New Zealand

by Rogue » 12 Jan 2015, 08:08

Yes. I was moreso referencing to a later storyline quest that you must choose between Hawke and Mr.Warden :p while you are in the fade. Unless I'm mistaken, the only contact you have with the hero of fereldan is through the war table?
Cosmic wrote:I know a lot of things and I know people more than anything else. I also know what else Sizer uses the wooden spoon for.
User

Orange Lion

14 Apr 2012, 16:51

psn: OrangeLion71

by Orange Lion » 12 Jan 2015, 22:20

Im playing it on PS4, everything they did wrong in DA2 they got right this time, guess they learned from Skyrim hrhrhr.

If you are on PS4 be free to contact me psn: OrangeLion71 (mentioning freeworlds is instand accept hrhrhr)
User

Hobbie

Rank

Village Idiot

03 Mar 2010, 00:42

Roll 1d20 for a pub name.

by Hobbie » 13 Jan 2015, 07:59

I CAN ONLY HRHRHR SO MUCH.

Glad they fixed some of the optimization issues. It might be worth playing again.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.