Talk about other (space) games here!

War Thunder

no avatar
User

Leaph Chausew

12 Apr 2012, 10:53

War Thunder

by Leaph Chausew » 21 Apr 2014, 01:57

War Thunder is a F2P WW2 air combat game which is presently in Beta and offers three modes of play: Arcade, Realistic and Simulator battles.

Aircraft are in various stages of development but flight models are improving with each patch.

This is a great game if you like air combat and intense competition. I play with my clan CLX (a group of 200+ strong members who are gearing up for Star Citizen) and we focus on Simulator and Realistic modes respectively. Somehow we're most successful in the mode which is deemed the hardest with locked cockpit views and full simulated aircraft controls. Personally, I am dominant with my mk I Hurricane which maintains a 16:0 Kill/Death ratio.
User

DarkForce

Rank

Developer

16 Feb 2010, 17:46

Re: War Thunder

by DarkForce » 21 Apr 2014, 02:20

I play War Thunder semi-regularly.

My username in WT is Agitate. Feel free to add me.
Blame DarkForce, he wasn't clear about it.
no avatar
User

Leaph Chausew

by Leaph Chausew » 22 Apr 2014, 23:31

Cool. Will do. :)
no avatar
User

MoreThanSane

11 Jan 2014, 02:59

Calilfornia, US

by MoreThanSane » 28 Apr 2014, 05:45

I play mostly Simulator battles. Just got my joystick, so I'm trying to get some Full Real experience but having trouble mastering the view controls.

I generally stick to my Bf-109s, but lately I've been cruising around in the P-38 and even dabbling in some British aircraft.

I play pretty casually but enjoy flying out with a couple mates now and then. I'm MoreThanSane4513 over there. Always looking for some chill people to play with.
no avatar
User

currican

14 Feb 2010, 19:00

by currican » 28 Apr 2014, 10:00

I haven't played WT since they nerfed my P40 :( They should of done it to the same and lower tiered 109 and 190's :evil:
"does "multiplayer only" mean it has no singleplayer?"

— Random

OMG! Here they come!
no avatar
User

Leaph Chausew

by Leaph Chausew » 02 May 2014, 18:26

I'll fly British, USA or German. Almost have every plane for the first two mentioned nations. Also, if you use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro or Saitek X52, i can help out if you find any planes a little unstable with them.

I just wish they'd model Spitfires correctly. it's not like there aren't a fair few reference models flying around in WW2 configuration with the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight or something... >.>

My tag is Antinko btw. I have mixed success in realistic battles but am far better in full sim.
no avatar
User

MoreThanSane

11 Jan 2014, 02:59

Calilfornia, US

by MoreThanSane » 02 May 2014, 21:41

Leaph Chausew wrote:I'll fly British, USA or German. Almost have every plane for the first two mentioned nations. Also, if you use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro or Saitek X52, i can help out if you find any planes a little unstable with them.

I just wish they'd model Spitfires correctly. it's not like there aren't a fair few reference models flying around in WW2 configuration with the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight or something... >.>

My tag is Antinko btw. I have mixed success in realistic battles but am far better in full sim.

I fly with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and would definitely appreciate some help getting it set up right. Never have I had so much difficulty flying stick on a flight sim. WT is a strange game.

I've been focusing on USA lately, and just unlocked the Spitfire Mk IVb (I think? It was late and blurred eyes don't read well -- probably have that wrong) so I'm finding British enjoyable enough despite being low tier. I actually find low tier matches a lot more enjoyable than a lot of my higher tier German matches.

I'll add you. Like I said, my joystick has been giving me much grief. Can never seem to find anything in simulator battles, but still I enjoy being locked into the cockpit.
User

Sovereign

09 Mar 2010, 00:09

Connecticut, USA

by Sovereign » 02 May 2014, 22:59

I don't play any simulator and not much RB but I enjoy the game every once in awhile.

My highest BR plane is the LA-174.

I've been in the tank beta since December. It's been pretty decent.
no avatar
User

Leaph Chausew

by Leaph Chausew » 08 May 2014, 22:51

Flight stick settings work best for me on the Logitech stick with sensitivities trimmed down to a couple of bars, non linearity at 2 on pitch and multiplier at around .8 (.6 for Spitfire XVI). I don't touch roll sensitivities and I fly on full aircraft controls except engine management is on auto until they implement engine controls correctly...

Pitch controls are useful if you learn how to use them. IRL I fly sailplanes aerobatically so I find them easy and can get my planes moving far quicker than the instructor can. Basically, though, use a bit of negative elevator trim for diving and increase it for a climb so that you need only a little back pressure on stick for climbing. most US planes climb best at around 15 degrees and around 150-180 mph IAS.

Use indicated airspeed IAS for manoeuvres.

If you would like more specific help, then I'm happy to help over voice comms.