Discuss faction and roleplay issues in this out-of-character forum.
no avatar
User

Rebel_Storm

17 Sep 2014, 17:40

Either Ohio or Corellia...definately Corellia

Trans-faction exchange possibilities and legalities

by Rebel_Storm » 05 Nov 2014, 00:59

I was wondering if its possible for a CorSec to buy an A-wing or any other NR ship

Also, in my RP thread, my Imperial character is eventually going to be faced with the choice to
1. defect to NR, remain "friendly" to GE, and "sell" any intel he can scape together
2. remain imperial, become "friendly" with NR, and give any NR intel he can gather to his superiors
3. defect to NR fully and start flying NR ship and firing on GE

So if an imperial shot enough imperials, would he eventually be able to land on NR stations and/or buy NR ships?

And is it legal for a recruit who's playing defector to listen to friendly chat in-game and "sell" any useful intel to the faction he "defected" to?
FLT, R. Duine Image Wolf-02 (B-wing)
ImageImageImage

Bountyhunter available 2 highest bidder. P/M me 4 contract.
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

Re: Trans-faction exchange possibilities and legalities

by Kalis » 05 Nov 2014, 02:20

If you're going to spy on someone, I wouldn't broadcast it...
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

by Kalis » 05 Nov 2014, 02:31

As for the other things, you can only be in one faction at a time, you may make characters for other factions but are restricted to their starter ships (civilian ships are the exemption). For the NR the starters are the Z95 and Y-Wing, the GE has the TIE Fighter and Bomber, CorSec has the ?(forgot, sorry) and Y-Wing as well. This will change with the meta-game pivot if I remember correctly.

I wouldn't recommend switching between them often because you will just end up permanently neutral (defections are sort of frowned upon). Yes you can shoot other imperials in game and gain rep with the NR (and vice versa), but remember your in game rep is secondary to your forum affiliation.

Giving info you remember from the faction you defected from is technically not against the rules but is frowned upon heavily (no one likes a snitch, at least not in my faction). Joining a faction with the explicit intent of spying is against the rules. If you are using the other faction's starter ship and spying on their chat there is absolutely nothing against reporting anything they are stupid enough to say out loud or to a complete stranger.

Let's also not forget if you get caught spying you will have a target on your back so huge it will have its own gravitational pull.
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

no avatar
User

Rebel_Storm

17 Sep 2014, 17:40

Either Ohio or Corellia...definately Corellia

by Rebel_Storm » 05 Nov 2014, 02:39

Okay, thank you for clarifying. Didn't want to have done that and then get everyone mad at me:)
FLT, R. Duine Image Wolf-02 (B-wing)
ImageImageImage

Bountyhunter available 2 highest bidder. P/M me 4 contract.