Discussion related to the mod that doesnt fit in any other forum.

Shield Rebalance Feedback

no avatar
User

WedgeA13

14 Dec 2014, 03:03

The office next to Kalis's w/ "Almost" plaque.

Shield Rebalance Feedback

by WedgeA13 » 30 Jul 2015, 01:28

This serves yet again as a ground for pooling thoughts and data on the latest changes with the shield rebalances. All are welcome to give input and point out anything that you discover while testing that isn't mentioned in this initial post.

Liberty vs. VSD
The MC cruiser absolutely kills the VSD hands down with basically no damage. The ACMs feel very weak and the guns on the VSD aren't able to combine to even damage the Liberty.

VSD vs MC40
This comes down to about an even fight. The only problem here is that while the VSD is a cruiser the MC40 is a destroyer and does a good job at really hurting the VSD. Again the ACM seem a bit weak.

Strike vs MC30
Strike takes well the the term space shotgun and fails to hit the thing let alone MC40 or 80 most of the time, The MC30 just eventually destroys it with little to no contest.

Carrack vs MC30
This feels more balanced leaving it more up to captain skill but still the MC30 is more powerful. If and a very big IF the carrack can engage in shot range it could take the MC30 down but with the MC30 being so fast it can still easily dispatch the carrack with ease.

Dreadnought
Reported that the dreadnoughts shields fell as if they were not touched with this update and still used old shield values. Still underpowered as a sip as well. (yes I know its intentional)

Neb-B vs Neb-B
These things can still shoot at each other for days and not get though shields.

These are all the test that I heard of or participated in, fell free to add in points that I missed or new tests as they are conducted.

Record: 2,800 lines of errors
User

Arestor

Rank

Galactic Empire Command

17 Apr 2012, 12:43

Germany

Re: Shield Rebalance Feedback

by Arestor » 30 Jul 2015, 01:48

I shot things in my VSD. I shot at them with green lazers. I shot the green lazers at some bigger, and at some smaller things. The outcome was all the same - the blue bar just insisted on not diminishing at all. Not even the tiniest bit.

10/10 would shoot green lazers for zero effect again.
Reaper-02

Ace of Aces

"Fuck, why am I trying to dogfight Arestor?"
- RL, 2015
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

Re: Shield Rebalance Feedback

by FriendlyFire » 30 Jul 2015, 07:16

It feels strangely refreshing to see something utterly broken in the mod... and have nothing to do with it. :D