Discussion related to the mod that doesnt fit in any other forum.

Somethink about game

User

Frost1s

17 Dec 2014, 13:33

Europe (Czech Republic)

Somethink about game

by Frost1s » 22 Jan 2015, 20:40

Hello
In this post i only want so say thinks that i would like to see in game.
There are some complaints(game is good but some thinks are really annoying)and some new ideas.

1.Loosing shield after unlog(crash)this is very annoying think when
your game crash, becose if your game crashed in middle of fight players will
maybe give you a time but bots are really dangarous in this way, mainly for small size caps and freighters what have long shield regen time.
And also it can cancel whole raid as we saw, becose not evrytime and evrywhere you can dock to regain shields.And for caps like ISD it must be realy depresive becose ethey have to choose
if they want to wait with raid(even when raid is already going on)or get slowly back to regroup and regain shields.

2.CR 90 the blocade runner is first ship what you could see in first star wars film and its one of most universal and great ships
is so slow and with small cargo.(yeah in film ISD catches it but ...)
(speed is more impotnant damm it has 11 engies and its engines takes 1/3 of ship size).
Its good ship i am greatful for having that but i could be better not only becose i hhave CR 90 but becose
it should be better AND if you buff CR90 no fraction will get more powerfull becose evry fraction can get CR 90 as far as i know.
Btw: I know some other ship are also not so powerfull as they should be but i dont have any expirience with it so i am talking just about CR 90.

Now less important thinks

3. NR and Ge looks like they have both max up 2 ships but there should be 1000 of them even when you take 100 on fraction 10 will be in one sector including CR 90 and nebulons.
and also bots could make force what will do think what players can fulfill like blocades, guarding travel routes etc.

4. Rockets and shield/ fighters and caps i didnt wanted to write it for moment becose i know it would be har to make but rockets are very poweful wepon and they should be usefull against caps, as i know some part (mb all)
sais that rockets or torpedos go trought shields and thats why we see fighters in main role in all storyline of SW.

Well thats all from me now will maybe i will post more later.
But dont take anythink mutch seriours if you think its bad idea dont blame me for it.
ImageSergant-Wolf13 ImageLieutenant-RDF.Pegasus

ImageImage
User

Teradyn

Rank

Galactic Empire Command

27 Mar 2014, 21:06

The Sovereign Nation of Texas

Re: Somethink about game

by Teradyn » 22 Jan 2015, 21:34

I won't address all of that at once, but the ordinance in the game will be changing to be more effective against more ships. It is something that isn't possible right now because for rockets to be useful against an ISD, they would wipe out a CR90 in one or two hits. Soon (TM) the damage will be based on the ship that the weapon is being used against somewhat so that their damage can be scaled a little better.

-Disclaimer: This is the plan as stated, but can be changed or cancelled at any time. Void where prohibited, must be 18 or older to purchase. Not valid in all states.

User

Frost1s

17 Dec 2014, 13:33

Europe (Czech Republic)

by Frost1s » 22 Jan 2015, 21:50

Bigger ship means bigger weakness.
-Death Star 0BBY-0ABY
ImageSergant-Wolf13 ImageLieutenant-RDF.Pegasus

ImageImage
User

Axxif

Rank

Galactic Empire

30 Dec 2011, 13:28

Poorly-lit corner

by Axxif » 22 Jan 2015, 22:34

For the record, a meter by meter exhaust port isn't that big
Nicholas Pitt
Skillful Imperial Line Officer and Army Tactician
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

by Kalis » 22 Jan 2015, 22:56

Yeah, the only reason that proton torpedo hit was because the Empire thought they took out all the space wizards but there was one left who used the Force to guide the torpedo (why it makes a 90 degree turn). Why they couldn't be bothered to put a grate on the thing is beyond me.

The shield loss is there to prevent jump spamming, although to be honest it is more of an annoyance because I tested and in all but the really big ships I can easily make jumps that are 100% unstable. YTs do it with no issue, as do most fighters. Meant to report that today but you beat me to it.
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 22 Jan 2015, 23:54

Scaling unstable jumps so they're harder isn't a problem, y'know. I just think you might regret it :P
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

by Kalis » 23 Jan 2015, 00:41

We'll see. I haven't had issues with people jump spamming for about a week so maybe it has worked the way it is intended.

User

Teradyn

Rank

Galactic Empire Command

27 Mar 2014, 21:06

The Sovereign Nation of Texas

by Teradyn » 23 Jan 2015, 00:53

Kalis wrote:The shield loss is there to prevent jump spamming, although to be honest it is more of an annoyance because I tested and in all but the really big ships I can easily make jumps that are 100% unstable. YTs do it with no issue, as do most fighters. Meant to report that today but you beat me to it.

G&# D#&&it Kalis, you shut the #*(*# up! Not all of us can navigate those jump lanes at more than 10% instability anyway, and what about the people like Emkay that have connection issues and have a hard time making it through a perfectly stable hole? :P Don't ruin it for the rest of us cause you got a new computer and are haxx now!

User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

by Kalis » 23 Jan 2015, 00:55

Teradyn I could navigate those tunnels back on the computurd. NR seem to have no issue navigating unstable tunnels when they hop around Borleias (yes that does still piss me off, mission accomplished :P ). And I have told Emkay to report that bug around a dozen times.