Anything regarding the official server.
User

Sigurd

09 Dec 2014, 12:03

The Party Game that took place on 2nd of January

by Sigurd » 03 Jan 2015, 13:44

Hello gents,

Sigurd here, organizer of the TARC event which crowded the official server yesterday.

It was concieved to be a rather small party game for the TARC YouTube games critic and entertainment channel community and it exploded to to something much bigger.

I would like to utilize this thread as a form of thank you to all the participants, especially the Freeworlds crew, who joined the event shortly after the outbreak and made it much more atmospheric. It was quite a blast. Literally.

It was quite a shame that the server could not properly handle the load and we had some reported client crashes as well.
Nevertheless, when the game was working as intended it was a proper joy. I, as a founder of Tartarus Cast (TARC) speak on behalf of our community and I say we are going to support the development of the mod as long as the crew has the will do keep polishing and updating the experience.

That being said, we would love to organize another event some time in the future. Something more elaborate, with some story background and perhaps some "screenplay" for extra atmosphere. I shall post here when the time comes. The following weeks will be very busy for us.

May the Force be with you all and have a wonderful 2015.

Tomáš "Thorvald" Petráček,
CEO of Tartarus Cast
User

Sizer

Rank

Developer

08 Sep 2010, 23:56

Oakland, California, USA

Re: The Party Game that took place on 2nd of January

by Sizer » 03 Jan 2015, 18:14

It was nice to see you there, if it was unexpected.

Yeah, sorry about the server crashes. We've recently added some new features that haven't been fully debugged. They're not as noticeable when server load is ~10-20 players, because not as many people means not as many triggers. With 40+, it became somewhat more obvious.

As for the client crashes, we have a large set of threads dedicated to solving many of the common issues - http://freeworldstidesofwar.com/viewtopic.php?f=174&t=2233

Just drop us a line next time you'll be around, we can see about educating your playerbase on how things work, there's a lot added, and we're not the greatest at documentation ^_^
no avatar
User

Rebel_Storm

17 Sep 2014, 17:40

Either Ohio or Corellia...definately Corellia

by Rebel_Storm » 03 Jan 2015, 18:32

Hey Sigurd, it was a pretty awesome experience to see so many people on the server. Hope to see ya'll stick around awhile.

We of the NR are pretty friendly, so if you see any republic pilots online, don't be afraid to ask for help with anything. (We'd also be VERY excited to see some new recruits sporting the starbird, if you're interested).
FLT, R. Duine Image Wolf-02 (B-wing)
ImageImageImage

Bountyhunter available 2 highest bidder. P/M me 4 contract.
User

Sigurd

09 Dec 2014, 12:03

by Sigurd » 03 Jan 2015, 19:46

Cheers lads,

I keep telling the viewers to dip into the game every now and then and from the thousands of viewers there is always someone that will choose to dedicate a bit more to the game.

As for myself, I have a business to run so don't expect me to torture my X-Wing every day :D .
But you can count on the future events. That is something the community si looking forward to.
Once you polish out the new bugs, be sure to PM me or contact me on the business address [email protected]

Cheerio.