The Timeline

User

DarkForce

Rank

Developer

16 Feb 2010, 17:46

The Timeline

by DarkForce » 31 Mar 2014, 18:48

I've seen several questions regarding our timeline on the forums, so I thought I'd address those questions here:

Freeworlds: Tides Of War follows Star Wars film and Expanded Universe canon up until a certain point past Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

Divergent events begin in the year 12ABY (After Battle of Yavin, Episode IV), which are being told in detail on our dedicated lore site: Galactic News Network. Those events will bring us to the end of Early-Mid 12ABY.

During the mod's Open Beta period, we'll be holding in Mid 12ABY until the development team is ready to begin the roleplaying metagame in earnest. This will be a sort of lull period where front lines are stabilized and factions are busy preparing for action.

No events on the server or written roleplay will have any effect on the universe at large during this period, and characters will be wiped prior to official release.

Once we're ready, we'll move to Mid-Late 12ABY, which signals the true kickoff of our in-game events. After that, server time will be more specific, and later on we will outline how lore and roleplaying will relate to server events.
Blame DarkForce, he wasn't clear about it.