User

DarkForce

Rank

Developer

16 Feb 2010, 17:46

A Note On Unfinished Roleplaying Threads

by DarkForce » 15 May 2014, 17:34

Hey Everyone, Lore Master DarkForce here!

As most of you know by now, we're taking the Lore & RP a bit more seriously here, so I have a request to make to those of you who began an RP thread: Please finish your story one way or another.

I understand that these take time to write, and when multiple players are involved that it can take even longer. However, what I don't want to see are dozens of open threads with not a single conclusion. No conclusions means I can't move threads up the canon tiers and commit them to the overall lore.

Therefore, I will be placing a few small stipulations on unfinished threads:

1. If a thread involving more than a single player (i.e. a play-by-post vs. a player's personal story) has been inactive for a period of 1 month, the original poster of the thread has the right to draft a conclusion to the thread. The conclusion can be as brief or as detailed as the OP wants. This will require Lore Staff approval, and if the OP wishes, the approval of the other players involved in the thread.

2. At the 1 month mark, the OP may attempt to see if interest remains on the part of the thread's players. If so, a 1 week extension will be granted for players to get themselves involved again. Should players answer in the affirmative and not post within that week, default to option 1.

3. Should no action be taken by the OP or other involved players at the 1 month mark, thread will be considered abandoned and handling of the thread will default to the Lore Staff, who will provide a conclusion.

Granted, I know most of us have busy lives and it is not always easy to keep up with this sort of thing, I believe 30 days of inactivity on a thread is enough to say that it's stuck in limbo. What I don't want to see are player-characters essentially left behind in stories without a conclusion.

This isn't to say players can't participate in multiple threads at once, but if those threads aren't all active, player's stories run the risk of losing cohesion, and since player RP will be at the heart of our campaign, I can't let stories go completely unfinished.

If you have questions or concerns over these rules, we can discuss them in this thread: http://www.freeworldstidesofwar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=2718
Blame DarkForce, he wasn't clear about it.