For discussion or feedback on the site, forum & wiki.

Mobile styles

no avatar
User

Rogue

15 Feb 2010, 04:29

New Zealand

Mobile styles

by Rogue » 31 Jan 2015, 03:50

Hi derrr,

Just an FYI that the mobile styles don't fit 100% width wise. The screen floats out to the right a bit, which indicates to me that there is a container that is pushing the Page out. I would identify it for you but I don't have the leisure of a chrome inspect element on my phone :)

~rogue
Cosmic wrote:I know a lot of things and I know people more than anything else. I also know what else Sizer uses the wooden spoon for.
User

Sep

09 Dec 2014, 14:34

Coruscant

Re: Mobile styles

by Sep » 01 Feb 2015, 12:06

Rogue wrote:Hi derrr,

Just an FYI that the mobile styles don't fit 100% width wise. The screen floats out to the right a bit, which indicates to me that there is a container that is pushing the Page out. I would identify it for you but I don't have the leisure of a chrome inspect element on my phone :)

~rogue

The main issue for me on mobile elements is the top user bar. It goes kinda funky on a smaller screen. By that it wants to cover the top of the forums as it's probably trying to fit the page as best it can.

Sep - Leader of the 55th Defence Fleet.

"what a special fucking snowflake" - Sizer
ImageImage
no avatar
User

Rogue

New Zealand

by Rogue » 01 Feb 2015, 22:43

Sep wrote:The main issue for me on mobile elements is the top user bar. It goes kinda funky on a smaller screen. By that it wants to cover the top of the forums as it's probably trying to fit the page as best it can.

Aye that's true as well. It'd be better having the 5 links on two rows, 3 columns wide:

Code: Select all
.navbar-links > li {
width:32%;
margin-right:2%;
text-align:center;
}

.navbar-links > li:nth-child(3n+3) {
margin-right:0;
}

This ensures that the 3rd item in every count of 3 has no margin-right and snaps tightly onto the right.
Plus the fact that the words are aligned left just looks sloppy and unco. That needs fixing immediately.
EDIT: Don't use fixed widths! Fixed widths bad. Use percentages, allow for responsive design. PM me for more details if needed, I am getting the use of my Home PC back soon and can help fix up styles / unnecessary forum code if needed.

EDIT: Upon further investigation (essentially a 2 minute fix) I found what was pushing everything out to the right - it is the div that holds the countdown-container. If you are able to put the code below into your CSS for Mobile Styles the problem will go away.
Code: Select all
#countdown-container {display:none;}
Cosmic wrote:I know a lot of things and I know people more than anything else. I also know what else Sizer uses the wooden spoon for.
no avatar
User

Rogue

New Zealand

by Rogue » 14 Feb 2015, 21:35

This is still happening. Does Qi handle the css styles of the site, or is it Myst?
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 14 Feb 2015, 22:55

I handle the styles and I have (many, too many) other things to do, so I wouldn't expect a quick reaction here.
no avatar
User

Rogue

New Zealand

by Rogue » 15 Feb 2015, 00:56

You could off-hand them to someone else. As I mentioned in the previous comment, I know exactly where it is and how to fix it. It's a 5 minute job.
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 15 Feb 2015, 04:36

You say that, but we don't have anyone who knows how to do it who'd also have the time to do it.
no avatar
User

Rogue

New Zealand

by Rogue » 16 Feb 2015, 00:18

*Points to self*