Carrier undock bug.

Moderator: Developers

User

Technogeist

18 May 2014, 03:24

The Land of Hope & Glory

Carrier undock bug.

by Technogeist » 21 Feb 2015, 19:13

So I thought this had been reported already but it looks like it hasn't from the searches I've made. It's been widely observed on the server that when you undock from a carrier, the carrier duplicates itself in the same position. This can cause a large amount of confusion, especially since you are able to target both ships at the same time (lolwat).

Upon undocking, other ships aside from the carrier, always other caps/large ships, also duplicate. I don't know if this is related to other ships being classed as carriers and having capacity or if it is random.

The result is that if you undock from a carrier in a small fleet, every cap around duplicates. It's also worth mentioning that if the carrier docks and undocks, the phantom duplicate moves to the undock point and stays there, according to someone who was watching as I docked to repair after that person had undocked from my ship.

This is reproducible consistently to the point where I was surprised that it hadn't been reported yet (that I can tell). May be common knowledge but I wanted a bug report to be made for it anyway.
no avatar
User

Rebel_Storm

17 Sep 2014, 17:40

Either Ohio or Corellia...definately Corellia

Re: Carrier undock bug.

by Rebel_Storm » 21 Feb 2015, 22:03

I would also like to mention that the carrier seems to have problems carrying. I rode a carrier from coruscant to Borelais and when I undocked, I crashed and when I re-logged, my ship was sitting shieldless in the middle of coruscant.
FLT, R. Duine Image Wolf-02 (B-wing)
ImageImageImage

Bountyhunter available 2 highest bidder. P/M me 4 contract.
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 21 Feb 2015, 22:16

I'd recommend not using carriers as they are extremely complicated to make work with hyperspace. There's a good chance we'll be disabling them outright until later.
no avatar
User

Rico

02 Jan 2011, 17:23

Germany

by Rico » 21 Feb 2015, 23:09

I do understand that these bugs can be quite annoying and I have encountered them aswell already.
Though I want to point out that currently bombers need to rearm and restock with the carrier option if they want to be at least a bit helpful in fights.

Without that feature, piloting a bomber is quite much pointless and with the upcoming campaign I would like to see this feature stay, at least for the moment.
User

Kalis

Rank

Developer

01 Aug 2012, 18:11

The Pantry (I upgraded again)

by Kalis » 21 Feb 2015, 23:10

Carriers work as long as you do not remain inside them when they jump to hyperspace. Undock, fly the tunnel in your fighter, then redock with the carrier when you have arrived and all is well.

You can rearm and respawn without crashing as long as the carrier does not jump in between you docking and launching.
Lieutenant Commander Kalis; HIMS Annihilator (retired)
Flight Lieutenant Drakis; Reaper Squadron
Moff Griff; Tapani Sector

User

Technogeist

18 May 2014, 03:24

The Land of Hope & Glory

by Technogeist » 21 Feb 2015, 23:14

Yeah, leave the carriers enabled pls. We know about the bugs and can work around them as they are. Just a bit awkward.
User

Sep

09 Dec 2014, 14:34

Coruscant

by Sep » 21 Feb 2015, 23:17

As Kalis said. Carriers work fine as long as you are undocked during hyperspace and then redock afterwards. It took us a little bit to figure it out but that's at least working and Carriers are an important aspect of any fleet action.

I feel that the "doubled up" Isn't a major bug. When it has happened to be the double has only existed on the unti map as it and the original seem to be joined together. However if someone is actually seeing two identical ships side by side... then I can see the problem.

Sep - Leader of the 55th Defence Fleet.

"what a special fucking snowflake" - Sizer
ImageImage
User

FriendlyFire

Rank

Developer

15 Feb 2010, 16:14

by FriendlyFire » 22 Feb 2015, 00:06

In that case I'll delay the next patch drop until I figure out how to fix carriers. Hopefully shouldn't be too long.