Sizer

Rank

Developer

08 Sep 2010, 23:56

Oakland, California, USA

A Letter to My Lovlies.

by Sizer » 08 Sep 2015, 04:35

A letter from Sizer to the Freeworlds: Tides of War Community:

In order to get my head back into the balance of things, I will be taking temporary control of the New Republic faction. I believe that actively using the tools in the game will provide a better sense of perspective for where certain aspects of the game are and where they need to go with regards to the myriad new features and systems under development.

Alongside this change, FriendlyFire and I are changing how the development team runs. Rather than holding the title of Lead Developer myself, we’ve eliminated that title and split the responsibilities into two distinct roles. FriendlyFire now holds the title of Technical Director, and I’ll be assuming the duties of Creative Director.

It’s a largely bureaucratic change, but we feel it more accurately describes the nature of our work, which is (and will remain) a partnership, not a centralized hierarchy. In a similar spirit, DarkForce will take on the role of Story Director (consolidating his lore and roleplay coordination duties) as well as Community Manager, while Rico and Void_Nemesis will continue their work as Level Designers, and finally Qi will continue his role as Server Administrator.

Love,

Sizer